Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

RPi Squeezelite player

Hi All,
    I am new user for this LMS.i have installed latest version of Logitech Media Server on ZOTAC with Windows 7.In the same network i have connected my 6 RPi's.I have installed latest version of squeezebox for RPi and then i have followed this tutorial(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIlj_4mFQwg)..All the six RPI's are connected to my entire house.Now my problem is,when i open LMS Web GUI with the ip address.It is showing all the Music files but it is not showing all the players(RPi's).it is showing only 1 and jumping between the players.but i have given server ip address manually for every RPi.When try to ping the RPi IP address from the server it is pinging perfectly.I have trun off the firewall on Windows.Please suggest me what i have to do.
    Last edited by suryateja.b; 2015-03-12 at 02:42.

Hi youtube Tutorial User,

Did you "clone" the images or setup each rpi from scratch?

Just power one on, give them an unified name (just youtube dns name or google Raspberry /etc/hostname ) and reboot it.
    Same procedure for each player.
    Problem should be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post

Just power one on, give them an unified name (just youtube dns name or google Raspberry /etc/hostname ) and reboot it.

"It's a mac address thing Jim, but not as we know it"

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post

I have donloaded the "squeezeplug_rpi_750.zip" from this url(http://www.squeezeplug.eu/?page_id=52) into windows pc.Using win32Diskimager i have loaded into all SD Card's and then i inserted into every Rpi.After that user name is root and password is nosoup4u.after i entered into that i have followed the youtube tutorial.I have given already different name for every player(RPi).

Quote Originally Posted by suryateja.b View Post
    Hi All,
    I am new user for this LMS.i have installed latest version of Logitech Media Server on ZOTAC with Windows 7.In the same network i have connected my 6 RPi's.I have installed latest version of squeezebox for RPi and then i have followed this tutorial(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIlj_4mFQwg)..All the six RPI's are connected to my entire house.Now my problem is,when i open LMS Web GUI with the ip address.It is showing all the Music files but it is not showing all the players(RPi's).it is showing only 1 and jumping between the players.but i have given server ip address manually for every RPi.When try to ping the RPi IP address from the server it is pinging perfectly.I have trun off the firewall on Windows.Please suggest me what i have to do.

So, if you have made a new card for each player they should all show up (I can't remember the limit for the number of players supported by LMS).

I would suggest that you disconnect all six and start by installing each player, one by one, in the Audio Player section of SqueezePlug/Max2play.

Make sur that all the settings for squeezelite (apart from the name, IP Address) are identical and that each player works as you install it.

Also that you restart Squeezelite after each player configuration, or reboot if you prefer.

Take your time and check each one as you progress.

atb

Ronnie

Edit: Which audio card/output are you using for the raspberries, the same one for each, or different players?

Edit 2:squeezeplug_rpi_750.zip is not the latest version. you may need to check the output sloptions for each player.

Just get one working properly and the add the others, one by one.
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2015-03-12 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by suryateja.b View Post
    Hi All,
    As Squeezeplug also contains the LMS server.....

can it be that on all 6 RPi's not only the player part is active but also the LMS server part? It could well be that the player part finds the first server locally on the same RPi and therefore does not connect to LMS running on your W7 box.
    does the all-black SB sound better than the white SB?

Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post

can it be that on all 6 RPi's not only the player part is active but also the LMS server part? It could well be that the player part finds the first server locally on the same RPi and therefore does not connect to LMS running on your W7 box.

One would have to first install LMS on each card, The OP appears to be running each pi as a player only (or at least I hope he is )

atb

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by hsmeets View Post

It could be this. I would recommend installing piCorePlayer on each Pi that doesn't need to be running a server.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Could all the RPi's somehow have same Mac address - or the squeezelite configuration, so it's confusing LMS?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    So, if you have made a new card for each player they should all show up (I can't remember the limit for the number of players supported by LMS).

I would suggest that you disconnect all six and start by installing each player, one by one, in the Audio Player section of SqueezePlug/Max2play.

Make sur that all the settings for squeezelite (apart from the name, IP Address) are identical and that each player works as you install it.

Also that you restart Squeezelite after each player configuration, or reboot if you prefer.

Take your time and check each one as you progress.

atb

Ronnie

Edit: Which audio card/output are you using for the raspberries, the same one for each, or different players?

Edit 2:squeezeplug_rpi_750.zip is not the latest version. you may need to check the output sloptions for each player.

Just get one working properly and the add the others, one by one.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions Van.
    I have disconnected all the players(RPi's).i connected only one to network.When i connect to only one it is working and if i connect secound RPi to the network again same problem.i connected all RPi's HDMI to the different AVR's for audio output.