Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

LMS on Synology Diskstation

Hi,
    I run Squeezebox server 7.7.3 on a Synology DS214Play. Could someone tell me how I might implement the fixes for inlayer and iPlayer extra on the Synology box please.

I don't know where, or how, to look at the folder to drop the new files into. Any help greatly appreciated, even if it is to point me at the how to a how to find it guide.

Many thanks.

Mike
    P.S. For years now this has been the one bit of technology that my wife likes and wishes to use, so many thanks to Triode, BPA etc for keeping her happy these past few years. M
    Last edited by MikeOB; 2015-03-13 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOB View Post
    Hi,
    I run Squeezebox server 7.7.3 on a Synology DS214Play. Could someone tell me how I might implement the fixes for inlayer and iPlayer extra on the Synology box please.

I don't know where, or how, to look at the folder to drop the new files into. Any help greatly appreciated, even if it is to point me at the how to a how to find it guide.

Many thanks.

Mike
    P.S. For years now this has been the one bit of technology that my wife likes and wishes to use, so many thanks to Triode, BPA etc for keeping her happy these past few years. M
    This guide assumes you have a basic knowledge of how to access your server setup. If you are using Windows on a PC, first step would be to install WinSCP, then do some practice finding folders on the Synology.
    Last edited by castalla; 2015-03-13 at 15:16.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!

Thank you! iPlayer is back on Ubuntu, and my good lady can get back to her Archers listening

Just one thing, (and not your fault) on the iPlayer plugin fix. I was not able to download the RTMP-BBCXMLParser.pm via my PC's web browser due to it failing the virus scan. Instead I copied the link address from the forum message and used wget from within the PuTTY window.

This downloads a file called attachment.php?attachmentid=17591 which can then be renamed to BBCXMLParser.pm

On my system (your locations, users and groups will probably vary):

Code:
    $ cd /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer
    $ ls -alt
    $ mv BBCXMLParser.pm BBCXMLParser.pm.old
    $ wget http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17591&d=1426097915
    $ mv attachment.php?attachmentid=17591 BBCXMLParser.pm
    $ chown squeezeboxserver BBCXMLParser.pm
    $ chgrp nogroup BBCXMLParser.pm
    $ rm ../../../cache.db
    Last edited by Fiddlesticks; 2015-03-13 at 16:33.

I spoke too soon. As of today, I get "500 Internal Server Error" on LA both for the RMTP and HLS fixes The server fails to parse the list of available programmes.

LL works fine.

EDIT: I take it back. Not sure what's going on. It seems to have sorted itself out again. After a number of Internal Server Errors, certain programme schedules suddenly started to pop up. And some while late, all of them were back. Weird.
    Last edited by ovonrein; 2015-03-14 at 07:13.

It might well have been due to problems at the BBC's end, the BBC website has been "flakey" this morning.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    It might well have been due to problems at the BBC's end, the BBC website has been "flakey" this morning.
    I wonder if the Radio Futurologist, James Cridland, foresaw the flakiness earlier ?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone involved in getting BBCIplayer working again. I love the way the community works together to get things fixed!

I now have HLS streams for Live content & RTMP for listen again.

Very happy Bunny!

Quote Originally Posted by psyentist View Post
    Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone involved in getting BBCIplayer working again. I love the way the community works together to get things fixed!

I now have HLS streams for Live content & RTMP for listen again.

Very happy Bunny!
    Same setup. Great work folks

Next question - will I be able to apply a similar fix to BPA's iPlayer Extra plugin as well?

That no longer seems to be functioning.
    Last edited by properjob; 2015-03-14 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by properjob View Post
    Same setup. Great work folks

Next question - will I be able to apply a similar fix to BPA's iPlayer Extra plugin as well?

That no longer seems to be functioning.
    It's mostly still working for me, at least for a few items I just tested again. There are some older programs that were in wma that don't want to play any more on my system.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOB View Post
    Hi,

Hi Mike,

Download the .pm files to a share on your synology somewhere - eg. downloads

Then turn on SSH on your Synology. Go to the DSM webpage and open Control Panel > Terminal & SNMP and tick "Enable SSH service"

Then SSH to your synology using an SSH client such as Putty (if you don't have it Google it, I can't post links to this forum yet) - log in as username admin and whatever password your admin account on the synology has.

You're then on a Unix type interface on your Synology - you need to find the folder with you Squeezebox server plugins. On mine it is...
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins

so use command...
    Synology> cd /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayer

then copy your downloaded .pm files to this folder...
    Synology> cp /volume1/downloads/RTMP-BBCXMLParser.pm .

then rename your current BBCXMLParser.pm file...
    Synology> mv BBCXMLParser.pm ORIGINAL-BBCXMLParser.pm

and rename the new one...
    Synology> mv RTMP-BBCXMLParser.pm BBCXMLParser.pm

then delete the cache file...
    Synology> cd /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/
    Synology> rm cache.db

Then on the DSM web interface, restart the Squeezebox Server application

Hopefully you should now have Listen Again working again (at least whilst the RTMP service is still going).

Hope this helps,
    Martyn