Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 192
  1. #11
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Duck View Post
    Thanks for all the effort BPA in Ireland, and Castalla for consolidating the instructions. I just made the RTMP changes and for an old fart soon to turn 70, it was relatively easy.

    For others perhaps they might note my experience; My BBC iPlayer is located in a folder called 'Squeezebox" not "Squeezeboxserver" and when deleting the cache I had two: cache.db-shm and cache.db-wal; both of which I deleted. To date, i.e. half an hour later I have all positives, with no negative outcomes.

    Sincerest thanks,

    Frank in Vancouver
    If it's working for you that's fine, but just a heads up:

    When LMS is running you will see the files: cache.db-shm and cache.db-wal, when LMS is stopped they no longer exist. If you have the ProgramData/Squeezebox/Cache folder open with LMS running and then stop LMS, you can watch the -wal and -shm files disappear before your very eyes!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,491
    It's great that people are responding here. However, as castalla asked, if corrections or clarifications are needed to the initial instructions, can you first send him a private message suggesting the change? That way the first post can be kept up to date and people won't have to search though umpteen long posts to find the current best advice.

    Cheers!
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    If it's working for you that's fine, but just a heads up:

    When LMS is running you will see the files: cache.db-shm and cache.db-wal, when LMS is stopped they no longer exist. If you have the ProgramData/Squeezebox/Cache folder open with LMS running and then stop LMS, you can watch the -wal and -shm files disappear before your very eyes!
    One of the really daft things about the default settings of Windows Explorer is that it (by default) hides common filetype extensions. This can be very confusing - and I guess that is how Windows Explorer is set on your PC.

    Where you see the file "cache" the actual filename is "cache.db" (at least in my W7 system).

    The other daft thing about the default settings of Windows Explorer (at least in W7) is that the Menu Bar is hidden!

    Windows Explorer can be changed to show the full filenames of ALL files by:

    1) Permanently display the Menu Bar by:
    Organize/Layout
    Click on "Menu Bar"

    2) Display full filenames by:
    Tools/Folder Options/View
    Untick "Hide extensions for known file types"

    (I also set it to show hidden files/folders, etc)

    (I also set Windows Explore to, by default, display detailed lists of files instead of the array of icons, etc that you sometimes get, but that is a different kettle of fish.)
    Last edited by JohnB; 2015-03-12 at 03:52.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

  4. #14
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    One of the really daft things about the default settings of Windows Explorer is that it (by default) hides common filetype extensions. This can be very confusing - and I guess that is how Windows Explorer is set on your PC.

    Where you see the file "cache" the actual filename is "cache.db" (at least in my W7 system).

    The other daft thing about the default settings of Windows Explorer (at least in W7) is that the Menu Bar is hidden!

    Windows Explorer can be changed to show the full filenames of ALL files by:

    1) Permanently display the Menu Bar by:
    Organize/Layout
    Click on "Menu Bar"

    2) Display full filenames by:
    Tools/Folder Options/View
    Untick "Hide extensions for known file types"

    (I also set it to show hidden files/folders, etc)

    (I also set Windows Explore to, by default, display detailed lists of files instead of the array of icons, etc that you sometimes get, but that is a different kettle of fish.)
    Yes, I know all this, what I was trying to point out is that Frank Duck thinks he has deleted the cache.db file, but it seems he only deleted the .db-shm and .db-wal files and yet the LA streams work OK for him. I know I didn't need to delete the cache.db file on my system, and the LA streams work OK for me too.

    I have the Show/Hide file types on my right-click menu.

    And we'll probably get into trouble for posting this stuff here!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1

    Vortexbox Users

    Thanks for the fix its worked but just thought I would mention a caveat for Vortexbox users.

    If you are managing your vortexbox via webmin you need to upload the replacement files for method B RTMP fix as the squeezeboxserver user not as the root user. I first uploaded as root and got an error when clicking onto the radio 2 listen again option. When I followed the instruction and uploaded as the correct user it worked first time.

    Thanks again.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    2,491
    As I understand it the cache.db file does get cleared periodically anyway. However if you have been using a stream, do one of the fixes, and then try it again without clearing the cache it won't work straight away. That's why the advice is to clear it to be sure it will work.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

  7. #17
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,143
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    As I understand it the cache.db file does get cleared periodically anyway. However if you have been using a stream, do one of the fixes, and then try it again without clearing the cache it won't work straight away. That's why the advice is to clear it to be sure it will work.
    OK, thanks for the heads up.
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12
    Thanks to castalla, bpa and expectingtofly.

    Listen Again now working for me.
    ____________________________________
    Squeezeboxserver running on Ubuntu 9.04
    Squeezebox 3
    Squeezebox Boom

  9. #19
    Member rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Suffolk, UK
    Posts
    44

    Many, many thanks

    Just wanted to add my thanks to all those who have worked, and continue to work, on these issues. You are a credit to this community.

    Who knows for how long, but I have iPlayer Live and LA working again on my system :-)

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    94

    Thanks v much!

    Thanks a lot castalla. I had LL fixed a few days ago, credit to bpa. Today I noticed that LA had packed in too. Your RTMP fix recovered the functionality. Listening to "The News Quiz" now

    Let's see how long this will last before the Beep shoots it down again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •