Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 231
  1. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    1,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom_3 View Post
    Just a reminder to Shellness, you need to use the Listen Live (non UK) streams to get World Service in UK. (well I find that works for me anyway).

    The BBC WS is working for me in the UK streams of Listen Live (has been for a short while now.)

  2. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    149
    Thanks for that info Mr Man - I will try it.

  3. #193
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Read this first!




    RTMP fix: requires ONE replacment file
    ======================================

    1. Download and copy the file: RTMP-BBCXMLParser.pm to the BBCiPlayer plugin folder

    2. Rename the existing BBCXMLParser.pm to ORIGINAL-BBCXMLParser.pm

    3. Rename RTMP-BBCXMLParser.pm to BBCXMLParser.pm

    4. Delete the cache.db file in the /.../squeezeboxserver/cache folder

    5. Reboot or Restart LMS



    ================================================== =====
    Where to download RTMP-BBCXMLParser.pm from?

    gc

  4. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    1,998

  5. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    849
    Why not use the newer Dash capable iPlayer plugin, that doesn't need any patching?

  6. #196
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Thank you Man in a Van and Owen Smith, and my apology for taking this long to reply.

    The ugly truth is that I am not interested in the BBC iPlayer per se. What I am trying to l do is to get a clue about getting rtmp streams to play on my squeezebox. I was looking for leads, and thought the patched iPlayer could be a way to do this, and to maybe learn at the same time something about the guts of LMS.

    So my ultimate aim is really to find a way to transcode a live rtmp stream with flashmedia content so as to play on the Squeezebox Radio.

    gc

  7. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,362
    Quote Originally Posted by George_C View Post
    The ugly truth is that I am not interested in the BBC iPlayer per se. What I am trying to l do is to get a clue about getting rtmp streams to play on my squeezebox. I was looking for leads, and thought the patched iPlayer could be a way to do this, and to maybe learn at the same time something about the guts of LMS.
    There are multiple standards which are called or use rtmp - which one are you referring to ?

  8. #198
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    There are multiple standards which are called or use rtmp - which one are you referring to ?
    I don't know about standards of rtmp to answer directly; I can only refer you to the example rtmp://liveRadio.onlinehorizons.net/ElBernamegElOrobi which is the "European Service" of Radio Cairo. It is the third row on the right column of the Egyptian radio player at http://egradio.eg/our_extentions/egplayer/

    I know how to listen to it on the website (obviously), to record it and to schedule recordings of it using rtmpdump and Windows tasks, but to stream it to the squeezebox radio live from LMS, NO, and I'd love to figure it out.

    Thank you in advance.

    gc

  9. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,362
    Quote Originally Posted by George_C View Post
    I don't know about standards of rtmp to answer directly; I can only refer you to the example rtmp://liveRadio.onlinehorizons.net/ElBernamegElOrobi which is the "European Service" of Radio Cairo. It is the third row on the right column of the Egyptian radio player at http://egradio.eg/our_extentions/egplayer/

    I know how to listen to it on the website (obviously), to record it and to schedule recordings of it using rtmpdump and Windows tasks, but to stream it to the squeezebox radio live from LMS, NO, and I'd love to figure it out.

    Thank you in advance.

    gc
    It is Flash audio. Flash requires specific setup (e.g. swf player) and there is no generic plugin for LMS.

    If you give the commandline you use with rtmpdump - I might be able to create relevant custom-types / custom-convert.conf file for you to play the stream using rtmpdump through LMS.

  10. #200
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    It is Flash audio. Flash requires specific setup (e.g. swf player) and there is no generic plugin for LMS.

    If you give the commandline you use with rtmpdump - I might be able to create relevant custom-types / custom-convert.conf file for you to play the stream using rtmpdump through LMS.
    That is very much appreciated:


    Here is the command line I use with rtmpdump to pipe to vlc. Let me know if you need the version that saves to a file instead.

    rtmpdump -r rtmp://liveRadio.onlinehorizons.net/ElBernamegElOrobi -a ElBernamegElOrobi -f "WIN 26,0,0,151" -W "http://egradio.eg/our_extentions/egplayer/swf/flowplayer-3.2.18.swf" -p "http://egradio.eg/our_extentions/egplayer/" -v -y "livestream" -o- | "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -

    If you succeed in creating that covert.conf file, could you send me instruction on how to install that file into my LMS ? FWIW, my LMS is version 7.7.2 which is the last version available for my NAS: QNAP TS-212P

    Thank you very much

    gc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •