Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    and...to underline my lazyness...

http://shop.max2play.com/en/iqaudio-dac-bundle.html

or, as alternative...

http://shop.max2play.com/en/raspberr...ac-bundle.html

maybe a little more expansive, but it has everything...right?
    Last edited by mikk64; 2016-01-01 at 09:31.

No problem. .I personally have pi's using the excellent Hifiberry Amp+ and it's a great solution.

The chromecast is an excellent device too and in some ways could be a better device.

However it's reliant on a mobile to work or 'cast' to it and that doesn't work for me as my main device.

The reason i brought it up was the squeeze 2 cast tool created by someone on this forum. It means it also has the potential to become a squeeze player just like any others (like the pi setups we are currently discussing) which means as well as the very good Google casting abilities it could also be a great lms device.

That all being said I've not used it this way but I have used the pi and hifiberry amp+ running max2play and it's a brilliant solution..but you're paying more (circa £80-£100 vs £25 for the chromecast)

Quote Originally Posted by mikk64 View Post
    and...to underline my lazyness...

http://shop.max2play.com/en/iqaudio-dac-bundle.html

or, as alternative...

http://shop.max2play.com/en/raspberr...ac-bundle.html

maybe a little more expansive, but it has everything...right?
    Both will work. .however you mentioned needing wifi.. this is one area I gave up on because the WiFi adapter kept losing connection to my pi. ..you really should look into the right adapter for the pi because I lost hair ťrying to get mine to work and in the end connected it to a homeplug ..drove me nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Giza2020 View Post
    No problem. .I personally have pi's using the excellent Hifiberry Amp+ and it's a great solution.

The chromecast is an excellent device too and in some ways could be a better device.

However it's reliant on a mobile to work or 'cast' to it and that doesn't work for me as my main device.

The reason i brought it up was the squeeze 2 cast tool created by someone on this forum. It means it also has the potential to become a squeeze player just like any others (like the pi setups we are currently discussing) which means as well as the very good Google casting abilities it could also be a great lms device.

That all being said I've not used it this way but I have used the pi and hifiberry amp+ running max2play and it's a brilliant solution..but you're paying more (circa £80-£100 vs £25 for the chromecast)
    The chromecast once set up on your network relies on castbridge and the same LMS access as any other squeezeplayer.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you're right again!
    i dig one more time in google chromecast audio around the web, and it came out as a 24bit/96khz dac
    not 24bit/192khz like hifiberry dac...but my old hifi maybe is not fair enough for them
    so, compared to the price (here in italy it's almost 40€) of the other solutions...i think i could give it a try!
    now (...i mean, for now...) i've changed my choice...chromecast audio (the new one) with castbridge software...

Quote Originally Posted by mikk64 View Post
    thnaks, Man, and thanks Giza...
    so, if i understand right...
    if i buy the Pi-DAC+, i don't need the Digi+ and a DAC, because it's a Dac that i can connect direct on the raspberry pi2B running Max2play
    is it right?
    if so, what's the point of getting a Hiberry Digi+?
    anyway, to preserve further possibilities, i think would be better to buy:
    a. raspberry pi2B running Max2play (with license)
    ...and...
    b. Pi-DAC+
    ...and...
    c. to install piCorePlayer on it, to let it just a player...

anything else?
    i think i'll need wi-fi module too...
    please, let me know if it's right, Man in a van...

For Giza, i read around the web that chromecast is a close system, and it's not 192kHz / 24bit...
    if so, i'd like, this time, invest a little bit more money for something better, like raspberry plus dac...

I really appreciate your suggetions...thanks!
    Mostly right Mike.

The Digi+ was the suggestion if you use a DAC into your Hi-Fi.

You don't seem to, so you don't need one.

If you use piCorePlayer operating system on the raspberry pi, it is a player only, with choice of dac output board.

If you use the Max2play operating system, then you can install LMS on the pi and use the dac board of choice on the same pi. This means that you might be able to switch off the PC when you want to.

Good luck with the Chromecast

I'm running picoreplayer with hdmi output to my receiver, which has a burr- brown DAC. Then you don't need anything fancy on top of the Rpi (B+).

Max2Play is a bit overkill when you only need a new LMS client.

Chromecast Audio player doesn't support gap less playback (live albums) and you can't synchronise players with it, for the moment.