Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

New Power Supply Fixed The Remote Issue

To add to this thread, my Touch recently became very sluggish to respond to the IR remote. The same remote worked fine on the Radio and Boom. After reading this thread I decided to order a new power supply and that indeed remedied the problem. The remote now works as well as it did originally. Was prepared to do the IR sensor replacement and made notes based on this thread highlighting the part number and location of the sensor. At this point it will not be necessary, but appreciate the information contributed by the forum members.
    1 Squeezebox Classic, 2 Squeezebox Boom, 2 Squeezebox Touch, 1 Squeezebox Radio, 10000+ CD's
    McIntosh MC352, Carver M1.5t & C1, Benchmark DAC1
    Sony PS-X600 Shure V15 type V
    JBL L220 Oracle & K2 S9800SE

My 'Touch' was already suffering from a poorly functioning IR receiver since april 2014, so at that time this topic didn't exist yet and I couldn't find a solution. Recently I stumbled by accident on this topic - and based on the very helpful post from Patrick, I've replaced the IR receiver by a TSOP32238 this weekend and now have a fully functioning Squeezebox Touch again!

Thanks to all in this thread who helped solve this issue!

+1 to replacing the A/C adapter first, before performing major surgery to replace the IR sensor. That solved the problem in my case as well. Long live the SB Touch!
    Main system: Touch > Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB > Conrad-Johnson CT-5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > ML Expressions. Audience AU24e cables. Secondary systems elsewhere in home: 1- Boom, 2- SB3's, and 2- SB Radio's. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society