Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hi mal4mac, I found your thread here, but having tried all sorts of things myself have still failed to find a solution. I tried adding the TuneIn App on the Touch, but even when playing on my PC it won't play the aac stream and I couldn't see the aac stream it on the Touch at all.

The contents of the .pls file do indeed change over time, so that puts paid to that idea.

If I get any more (daft) ideas I'll post them here.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Hi mal4mac, I found your thread here, but having tried all sorts of things myself have still failed to find a solution. I tried adding the TuneIn App on the Touch, but even when playing on my PC it won't play the aac stream and I couldn't see the aac stream it on the Touch at all.

The contents of the .pls file do indeed change over time, so that puts paid to that idea.

If I get any more (daft) ideas I'll post them here.
    I had one more (daft) idea. If the Beeb rejects anything where mysb.com has been involved, why not run a local LMS off a USB stick?

So I copied the .pls file, plus a few real music files, to a stick and fired up the local Touch LMS. The Touch played the local music files OK. It also opened the .pls file and showed that there were two URLs in it. Playing either one gave '403 Forbidden' error. For the avoidance of doubt I am in the UK.

So what can the local LMS Touch in the UK be doing that offends the BBC? Could it be that rather than an issue to do with being non-UK it's an issue to do with access rights to a file structure under the URL?

Any thoughts?
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

So I copied the .pls file
    Once you copied the pls file containing URLs - the BBC had already created URLs with unique numbers, one of which possibly is a timestamp - which could mean the URL has to be played within x secs of being created but it took too long to get them onto a stick. I've seen this technique on some US stations.

What you need to do is get your touch to play the pls URL as a Favorite on tinyLMS on the Touch so that TinyLMS gets the BBC to send a new set of URLs direct to the Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Once you copied the pls file containing URLs - the BBC had already created URLs with unique numbers, one of which possibly is a timestamp - which could mean the URL has to be played within x secs of being created but it took too long to get them onto a stick. I've seen this technique on some US stations.

What you need to do is get your touch to play the pls URL as a Favorite on tinyLMS on the Touch so that TinyLMS gets the BBC to send a new set of URLs direct to the Touch.
    I can't find a way to do this.

The Favourites seem to come from mysb and I don't see a way to add a local one. I tried creating a bbc.pls playlist with the main bbc .pls file inside it but that didn't play.

So how do I create a new local favourite for a new URL on tiny LMS? There must be a way.

I can't find a way to do this.

The Favourites seem to come from mysb and I don't see a way to add a local one. I tried creating a bbc.pls playlist with the main bbc .pls file inside it but that didn't play.

So how do I create a new local favourite for a new URL on tiny LMS? There must be a way.
    Cracked it!

I was trying to create a station on the Touch itself and failing. What I should have done is:

1. create the full station on mysqueezebox.com, ie:
    Code:
    http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/version/2.0/mediaset/http-icy-aac-lc-a/format/pls/vpid/bbc_radio_three.pls
    2. Run Tiny LMS on the Touch. Now there may be more than one way to do this, but I found I had to insert a USB stick and then Start LMS locally on the Touch. (If anyone knows an easier way please say so)

3. Go to the Favourites menu, on mysqueezebox.com, and press and hold the item you added at 1 above

4. An option comes up to allow you to save it locally. Do so.

5. Back out to the main menu and back down to favourites again.

6. Play the new local favourite, and it works!

I knew there had to be a way... I hope mal4mac is still monitoring this thread.

2. Run Tiny LMS on the Touch. Now there may be more than one way to do this, but I found I had to insert a USB stick and then Start LMS locally on the Touch. (If anyone knows an easier way please say so)
    Where can I find Tiny LMS? How do I start it on the Touch?

Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac View Post
    Where can I find Tiny LMS? How do I start it on the Touch?
    Plugin in an empty USB stick. Under the Main Menu there will then shortly be a 'USB Device' menu item. Open it and it should have an option to 'Start Logitech Media Server'. Do that.

Hopefully the rest of my instructions will be clear enough then. This was the first occasion on which I've ever done this, so if my instructions aren't crystal clear or accurate, forgive me.

On occasions I had to 'switch library' back to the USB stick. You may have to play around with it to get used to it. Note that you will need to have the USB stick plugged in every time to want to use local favourites (i.e. favourites stored in the Touch and in the files on the USB stick rather than coming from mysqueezebox.com in the USA or wherever). If you still have an instruction manual that may help a bit.

Plugin in an empty USB stick
    An SD card will work as well.
    Last edited by bpa; 2015-03-03 at 05:10.

Without going down the Tiny LMS router, perhaps this address will work:
    http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbcradio3noslim.pls
    RadioFeeds UK & Ireland.. an up-to-date radio directory for your Squeezebox/Transporter/UE Smart Radio.. available from the App Gallery.
    Bonus: With over 800 registered users, the RadioFeeds server app (with AAC streams included) is available for mysqueezebox, Logitech Media Server, Squeezebox Server, SqueezeCenter AND SlimServer!
    Click: http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/squeeze
    We now also list the BBC HLS streams!

[QUOTE=bpa;810073]
    Plugin in an empty USB stick/QUOTE]

An SD card will work as well.
    I do recall people mentioning SD cards, but never thought to try. In fact, I had no idea where the slot for a card was. I just went to have a look and found it. I've only owned the Touch for 4 to 5 years. Doh!