Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mal4mac View Post
    No one else in the UK has said the following works, or does not work, on a Touch using Favourites at mysqueezebox.com
    In teh past with WMA streams which had some sort a ip blocking based on geography and ip blocks - there was occasional blocking trouble with UK users because the mysb.com servers are not in the UK and so the originating request to play a BBC URL although for a UK player seemed to come from outside the UK as mysb.com has to initial relay the request.

Two solution to this problem were.

1. The #noslim=1
    2. Play a station using the BBC Radio Logitech App.

Personally I think you'll not get much response from BBC. So if you want to listen to R3 HD using mysb.com you gpoing to have try something different.

1. Try the BBC Radio App from logitech to see if there is anyhting different.
    2. Try the #noslim=1 workaround

Neither of these will break your system and you may get R3 HD playing. What have you got to lose from trying ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Two solution to this problem were.

1. The #noslim=1
    I tried

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediasele...e.pls#noslim=1

Is that the right format for using #noslim=1? If so, it didn't help!

2. Play a station using the BBC Radio Logitech App.
    Good idea, bpa.

What I see in there are a list of all the four standard national BBC stations:

BBC Radio One (mp3 128kbps)
    BBC Radio Four (mp3 128kbps)

These appear to be working fine.

Then there *is* a hd stream:

BBC Radio Three (aac-ic 331.25kbps)

But I get the same 403 Forbidden error!

So no joy, but thanks for all the ideas bpa...

I tried

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediasele...e.pls#noslim=1

Is that the right format for using #noslim=1? If so, it didn't help!
    You used a pls URL which is a playlist of multiple URLs. You need to get a single UK stream URL (not another playlist URL) from inside that playlist and then add #noslim=1 to the URL.

You used a pls URL which is a playlist of multiple URLs. You need to get a single UK stream URL (not another playlist URL) from inside that playlist and then add #noslim=1 to the URL.
    I obtained the two URLs in that playlist, tried them both with and without #noslim=1, and neither worked (403 error again.)

In any case, the "BBC Radio Three (aac-ic 331.25kbps)" stream from the Logitech radio app is a stream (isn't it!?), so there is definitely something at fault with the actual BBC Radio Three HD stream
    Last edited by mal4mac; 2015-03-01 at 06:30.

I obtained the two URLs in that playlist, tried them both with and without #noslim=1, and neither worked (403 error again.
    Did you get them from a user who can play the pls URL ? If you got them yourself then they are likely to be broekn.

In any case, the "BBC Radio Three (aac-ic 331.25kbps)" stream from the Logitech radio app is a stream (isn't it!?), so there is definitely something at fault with the actual BBC Radio Three HD stream
    No.

Here's the solution, thanks to Tim on the BBC blog:

http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/...43d55c248e.aac

The trick was to add .aac

Here's the solution, thanks to Tim on the BBC blog:

http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/...43d55c248e.aac

The trick was to add .aac
    But it only worked once! Now I'm getting the 403 Forbidden error again.

Anyone got "radio 3 hd" working again using a mysqueezebox.com favourites URL?
    Like you, it doesn't work for me if I enter it as a favourite in mysqueezebox.com (403 forbidden). I think this is because mysb is run outside the UK. It works perfectly as a favourite specified within LMS run at home (I am in the UK).

Quote Originally Posted by majones View Post
    Like you, it doesn't work for me if I enter it as a favourite in mysqueezebox.com (403 forbidden). I think this is because mysb is run outside the UK. It works perfectly as a favourite specified within LMS run at home (I am in the UK).
    The underlying cause is that mysb.com does a quick check of a URL to see what type of stream it is - but in doing so can trigger geo locking as mysb.com servers are outside the UK. The "#noslim=1" is supposed to stop this quick check but in doing so the URL must be immediately playable. This workaround was setup for BBC WMA mms streams about 8 yrs ago.

Geo locking used to be done at the playlist level but now sometime the radio URL has some geo locking features.

After the URLs from the R2 HD pls playlist are examined and then played. If the R3 HD pls file is examined again - are the URL identical ? (e.g. has the s=1425233356&e=1425247756&h=868ee3c00b4a4df7180569 43d55c248e changed ? ) - if not then BBC is generating a unique URL for each "session" which is probably only valid for "one-play" or a timer period.

If URLs are identical there perhaps geo check is somehow being done via DNS - and you should test the HD URL using a numeric IP address (do a dnslookup from a UK user) rather than the bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net

The underlying cause is that mysb.com does a quick check of a URL to see what type of stream it is - but in doing so can trigger geo locking as mysb.com servers are outside the UK.
    Hi bpa - you certainly know your stuff! Anyway, at my more basic (!!!) knowledge level, I see that radiofeeds.co.uk offer the 320kbps stream in their LMS plugin but not the mysb.com app, so it looks like they're limited by geolocking too.