Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giza2020
    • Feb 2010

upnp speakers advice

So very happy user of logitech tech, especially the boom and duet. . I've recently moved my lms installation to a raspberry pi.

Now I'm looking to extend my players to a new room and money at the moment is tight. .. so i was thinking about not buying logitech hardware this time.

Question is can i buy a speaker like the Philips Fidelio AW7000 and put squeeze slave or squeezelite on it?

If this is a yes i might have more questions
  • castalla
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Giza2020
    So very happy user of logitech tech, especially the boom and duet. . I've recently moved my lms installation to a raspberry pi.

Now I'm looking to extend my players to a new room and money at the moment is tight. .. so i was thinking about not buying logitech hardware this time.

Question is can i buy a speaker like the Philips Fidelio AW7000 and put squeeze slave or squeezelite on it?

If this is a yes i might have more questions
    No.

But if it is upnp enabled you might get squeeze2upnp application to work - search for squueze2upnp for more details
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Giza2020
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by castalla
      No.

But if it is upnp enabled you might get squeeze2upnp application to work - search for squueze2upnp for more details
      Thanks Castalla. . Thought that would be the case. . Think I'll use a spare pi and connect it to a t amp or similar. .Not sure I'm confident the upnp will sync up and would prefer to keep with the lms installation

Comment

• castalla
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Giza2020
        Thanks Castalla. . Thought that would be the case. . Think I'll use a spare pi and connect it to a t amp or similar. .Not sure I'm confident the upnp will sync up and would prefer to keep with the lms installation
        There's a new report in the squeeze2upnp thread that the Pioneer Pioneer XW-SMA3 works with sq2upnp
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...