Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    What is mysterius to me is why resurrecting the hardware part " a wand board compatible DAC " is such a problem .

it locks just like any of the other solutions around this forum , with diverse hardware conected to PI boards or odroids and similar .
    Software to make it a squeezebox emulator is around everywhere on the forum ?

The rest of the old project can be as dead as it want to be ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    What is mysterius to me is why resurrecting the hardware part " a wand board compatible DAC " is such a problem .

it locks just like any of the other solutions around this forum , with diverse hardware conected to PI boards or odroids and similar .
    Software to make it a squeezebox emulator is around everywhere on the forum ?

The rest of the old project can be as dead as it want to be ?
    You're right, it doesn't add up at all.

Was it perhaps the name that shall not be mentioned but sounded a bit like Disunity Quease, that was the problem?
    I'm truly sorry for the bad fortunes that may have fell upon involved parties, but the way it has been communicated in these forums is bound to draw ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    That's up to him. He could have just let it go, but he insisted that nobody talk about it. I've never heard of such a thing and cannot fathom how it could possibly affect his legal situation one way or the other. The real mistake was in shutting down the thread.
    Because you "cannot fathom"..... The reason you cannot fathom is simple. I'm not at liberty to spell it out for you!

Please guys, let it go, for now. You want answers. I hear that! You want an explanation. I hear that!

I cannot "blurt out" the most pertinent piece of information surrounding all of this. It is subject to a non-disclosure clause! Permission is being sort from the other party to that agreement, to vary the terms of the agreement, so a full public statement can be made. I'm past caring, what sort of person people will perceive me, (or others to be), when the facts are known. But, believe me, when I say, I want to put this behind me and get on with my life.

Speculation, spoof threads, name calling, etc. etc. Right now, it is not helpful. Save it until you do have something factual to discuss.

You keep making this about you. The point you can't seem to get through your head is that people are past caring about you or your problems. They care about what happened to the community Squeezebox project, and what issues are keeping it from happening.

If you're under a non-disclosure agreement, fine, feel free to not post any further about yourself.

Comically Fumbled Squeezebox Replacement Thread - Wouldyou be interested?

> Please guys, let it go, for now. You want answers. I hear that! You want
    > an explanation. I hear that!

JackOfAll - I think your best bet to let this topic pass away is to no
    longer post about it. It's like telling a troll to stop trolling. He'll
    always have the last word. Only when you ignore him he'll stop.

--

Michael

Thank you Michael. Good advice, although I suspect it's far from the last we'll hear on the subject from the guy who doesn't want to talk about it.

John Swenson:

I hope you haven't gone back into hibernation. Just a couple of days ago you seemed very excited about moving on with the hardware project you'd been working on. Is it alive, or has someone put the fear of God into you about being sued?

I'd imagine the maker of mice and small computer speakers (who else could it be?) has deep pockets and razor-sharp rat-like lawyers. If they were swarming up my trouser leg, I'd likely say whatever they told me to say in order to stop them suing me into oblivion.

Give these guys a break.

Jason.

Comically Fumbled Squeezebox Replacement Thread - Wouldyou be interested?

> I'd imagine the maker of mice and small computer speakers (who else
    > could it be?)

That's 100% speculation. While I'm not informed about everything
    happening in the company, I very much doubt your claim. I would have
    heard about this either internally or from one of the persons involved
    in this. But I haven't.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_big View Post
    I'd imagine the maker of mice and small computer speakers (who else could it be?) has deep pockets and razor-sharp rat-like lawyers. If they were swarming up my trouser leg, I'd likely say whatever they told me to say in order to stop them suing me into oblivion.
    Mr. Swenson wasn't worried about lawyers just a few days ago. Long after the whoa-is-me claims of the other guy. It's not like he was unaware of the legal issues, whatever they may have been. If there are rat-like lawyers involved, I highly doubt they belong to the maker of mice and computer speakers.