Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Comically Fumbled Squeezebox Replacement Thread - Would you be interested?

Suppose some microcephalic pillock(s) arranged for a popular discussion thread to be shut down? Isn't there enough interest out there to create a replacement thread, with contributions from the community to keep it going? I think there is. The raw material is all there; all that's needed is to pull it together and continue the discussion. After all, the entire English language is in the public domain, so it isn't as if there would be any restrictions preventing people from talking about whatever they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogberry2 View Post
    Suppose some microcephalic pillock(s) arranged for a popular discussion thread to be shut down? Isn't there enough interest out there to create a replacement thread, with contributions from the community to keep it going? I think there is. The raw material is all there; all that's needed is to pull it together and continue the discussion. After all, the entire English language is in the public domain, so it isn't as if there would be any restrictions preventing people from talking about whatever they like.
    Maybe things have moved on - there are plenty of alternative devices which can substitute for the original SBs.

What would continuation of a moribund thread actually achieve?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Moribund" is a strange adjective to apply to a thread with more than twenty new posts in just the last four days. Obviously people were interested in continuing the discussion; that's the reason the thread was closed. If it were moribund, it wouldn't have had to be shut down. Nobody demands the death penalty when the accused is already dead.

Isn't there enough interest out there to create a replacement thread, with contributions from the community to keep it going?
    That's exactly what my "high-end hardware player" thread was intended to foster.

-mark

Obviously people were interested in continuing the discussion; that's the reason the thread was closed.
    Was it? The reason I asked for the thread to be closed was that the subject being discussed has already been subject to legal action last year. And as of today, it is in the hands of lawyers again. If that makes me a "microcephalic pillock", in your no doubt, humble opinion, then so be it.

Time to keep this squable out of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    Was it? The reason I asked for the thread to be closed was that the subject being discussed has already been subject to legal action last year. And as of today, it is in the hands of lawyers again. If that makes me a "microcephalic pillock", in your no doubt, humble opinion, then so be it.
    JackofAll, I can only imagine the pain you are suffering from the legal action, that you clearly did not anticipate and most likely did not deserve. I saw in another closed post your request for "I respectfully ask people not to discuss this in any way, shape or form. The only thing that will result, if you don't respect this, is to make a bad situation, even worse!"

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a realistic request or expectation given that your problem is public. It is natural that people are going to discuss and speculate given the scant information that has been provided.

What I worry about is if this situation of closing threads attracts the attention of Logitech management and they decide to shut down this forum as they no longer sell squeezebox products and this becomes a headache. In that case, continued user support for our beloved product comes to an end. For this reason, this discussion needs to go elsewhere on some other hosted forum.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    JackofAll, I can only imagine the pain you are suffering from the legal action, that you clearly did not anticipate and most likely did not deserve. I saw in another closed post your request for "I respectfully ask people not to discuss this in any way, shape or form. The only thing that will result, if you don't respect this, is to make a bad situation, even worse!"

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a realistic request or expectation given that your problem is public. It is natural that people are going to discuss and speculate given the scant information that has been provided.

What I worry about is if this situation of closing threads attracts the attention of Logitech management and they decide to shut down this forum as they no longer sell squeezebox products and this becomes a headache. In that case, continued user support for our beloved product comes to an end. For this reason, this discussion needs to go elsewhere on some other hosted forum.

Paul
    Why not just accept that the thread and its contents are closed?
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAll View Post
    You're not doing yourself any favors by not explaining the situation. You just want the discussion to end, as though it didn't happen. That's impossible.

Some of the posts over the last several days have made many of us curious without a doubt. It appears that no further information of substance will be forthcoming in the near future.

I suggest we let it drop and perhaps at some point in the future we will learn more. For the present I think we are done and there is no point in asking for more clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    Some of the posts over the last several days have made many of us curious without a doubt. It appears that no further information of substance will be forthcoming in the near future.

I suggest we let it drop and perhaps at some point in the future we will learn more. For the present I think we are done and there is no point in asking for more clarification.
    That's up to him. He could have just let it go, but he insisted that nobody talk about it. I've never heard of such a thing and cannot fathom how it could possibly affect his legal situation one way or the other. The real mistake was in shutting down the thread.