Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

pi based systems

So... for those of you out there using the pi for your server or players, what cases have you settled on?

I've bought a couple of these delightful wooden ones from Amazon:
    https://sites.google.com/site/granad...s/raspberry-pi

One for the B with Wolfson, and another for my B+

I'd be interested to see what anyone else uses?

Here's a set up destined for my office.

Raspberry Pi B running piCorePlayer 1.19 with a HiFiBerry DAC. The Amplifier is an Amptastic Mini-1. Speakers are QAcoustics 3010 bookshelf speakers.

As an alternative to the Pi, I can use iPeng on an iPad via an iPhone dock. The Amptastic Mini-1 is a neat little amp with a footprint smaller than a CD case.

The case used for the Pi is a budget case that I drilled to fit the RCA sockets connected to the HiFiBerry DAC.

Name:  20150402_123917.jpg
Views: 2582
Size:  55.0 KB
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

SB Touch, Receiver, Controller, Boom, 3x SB Radio

Several Builds with RaspberryPi and HiFiBerry PCB┤s

daphile 2TB with 57.000 songs

QNAP NAS
    iPeng on iPhone 4,5, iPad2, iPad mini 2.

Raspberry pi B+ with a HiFiBerry DAC+, stood on it's side, the wires drop through a hole in the bookcase shelf (centre, behind the black cat).

Speakers are AVI DM5 actives (superb) - controlled by Squeeze Control on an Android phone/tablet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    LMS 7.9 on a Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20, playlists and LMS cache on a USB stick, 25K+ music library on a WD MyCloud network drive,
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Raspberry Pi 3/piCorePlayer 3.20beta7/HiFiBerry DAC+ > Cambridge Audio Minx 5 (study)
    Rasberry Pi 2/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system (garage)
    1 x Boom (dining room) - 1 x Touch (used for display and controller only) - 1 x SB3 (spare) - 1 x Radio (spare)

Photo of my latest project.

Raspberry Pi 2 Running piCorePlayer

Hifiberry DAC+ Pro

2 (soon to be 4) ICEPower 300ASC Power amps

Sounds Great !

Name:  IMG_0808_50.jpg
Views: 1871
Size:  245.0 KB
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

My Pi Based Bookshelf System

Name:  20160408_115623.jpg
Views: 1533
Size:  238.2 KB

Pioneer SP22 BS speakers with RPi2 HifiBerry Amp+ HifiBerry Case. PiCorePlayer

Sounds great definitely enough power for these speakers doesn't really need EQ

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    Here's a set up destined for my office.

Raspberry Pi B running piCorePlayer 1.19 with a HiFiBerry DAC. The Amplifier is an Amptastic Mini-1. Speakers are QAcoustics 3010 bookshelf speakers.

As an alternative to the Pi, I can use iPeng on an iPad via an iPhone dock. The Amptastic Mini-1 is a neat little amp with a footprint smaller than a CD case.

The case used for the Pi is a budget case that I drilled to fit the RCA sockets connected to the HiFiBerry DAC.

Name:  20150402_123917.jpg
Views: 2582
Size:  55.0 KB
    I'm currently using the set up described above with LMS running on a WD WiFi My Passport as described in this thread.
    Works very well, and independent of my work wifi network.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9 with files on QNAP TS-239
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
    Office: LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Inspired by the RaspTouch project I decide to prototype a similar case for one of my RPI's. I have been toying with a similar construction for quite some time but my mind couldn't agree on a solution to fix the display. The above project shed some new light on that; solutions are sometimes so very simply that they get overlooked

This is the current state of the prototype:

Name:  2016-07-21 11.42.56.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  82.1 KB

Name:  2016-07-21 11.43.31.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  175.9 KB

Name:  2016-07-21 11.53.53.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  105.7 KB

The display is angled at 10 degrees. I used a Hammond Enclosure I had used for another project. The enclosure has been cut to fit the desired dimensions (and angle).
    There is still room besides the RPI to install an SPDIF hat. I re-used a part of the bezel of the original RPI display stand.
    The display is now actually mounted upside down but it is rotated in the configuration. By rotating the display I finally could address the "fixing issue" I had. The flat cable is not sitting on the bottom side of the enclosure; this is way it is hidden.

All connectors are now available at the back side of the enclosure. This has been my main concern with the display cases currently on the market.
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Hibon View Post
    Inspired by the RaspTouch project I decide to prototype a similar case for one of my RPI's. I have been toying with a similar construction for quite some time but my mind couldn't agree on a solution to fix the display. The above project shed some new light on that; solutions are sometimes so very simply that they get overlooked

The display is angled at 10 degrees. I used a Hammond Enclosure I had used for another project. The enclosure has been cut to fit the desired dimensions (and angle).
    There is still room besides the RPI to install an SPDIF hat. I re-used a part of the bezel of the original RPI display stand.
    The display is now actually mounted upside down but it is rotated in the configuration. By rotating the display I finally could address the "fixing issue" I had. The flat cable is not sitting on the bottom side of the enclosure; this is way it is hidden.

All connectors are now available at the back side of the enclosure. This has been my main concern with the display cases currently on the market.
    Pascal,

Nice! Interesting solution for people who find the Audiophonics solution too expensive or the angle of the display too steep.

FYI the display is now the right way up; all earlier display stands mounted the display upside-down. This should improve the vertical viewing angle of the display according to several sources (see this link)

Arie

Quote Originally Posted by kolossos4730 View Post
    Pascal,

Nice! Interesting solution for people who find the Audiophonics solution too expensive or the angle of the display too steep.

FYI the display is now the right way up; all earlier display stands mounted the display upside-down. This should improve the vertical viewing angle of the display according to several sources (see this link)

Arie
    Now that you mention it, yes the viewing angles is better this way. Thanks for sharing Arie!
    Cambridge Audio 851D-S -> Focal MP1200 -> Focal Electra 1028 Be
    1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
    1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
    ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.9.0.
    iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
    http://www.last.fm/user/phibon