Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi there

I am sure you already have seen this: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...button_and_LED

The 'certain circumstances' you mentioned is pressing and holding the button while plugging power in. That is a factory test mode btw.

I wonder if for some reason the button stopped working mechanically / electrically. Do you have an multimeter? If yes, you could open the Receiver and check whether the button still works as expected.

Felix
    Programming is the art of cleverly arranging bits and bytes. - (c) Felix Mueller

Sorry to revive an old thread but this is exactly the problem I have. Did this ever get solved? I think I tried everything but I never get the fast blinking light followed up by a slow blinking light. And another thing. How about the two lights on the BACK of the receiver on the network connection. Should they blink? They don't do anything in my case. Does this mean my receiver is broken?

Is your receiver LAN attached or wireless? How long did you hold the front button depressed to get a reset? I would think you'd get a purple light if it was toast. Are you running the current firmware 77?
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and Squeezeslave

If its blinking red slowly it expects to be setup by you with your controller....
    It makes an adhoc connection directly to the reciever so get close to it.

Is there anything conected on the lan port ? Your not using homeplugs or anything ? Then i sugest conecting directly to a switch or router if intend to use ethernet it wont be able to setup that unless its conected
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by HAL2001 View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread but this is exactly the problem I have. Did this ever get solved? I think I tried everything but I never get the fast blinking light followed up by a slow blinking light. And another thing. How about the two lights on the BACK of the receiver on the network connection. Should they blink? They don't do anything in my case. Does this mean my receiver is broken?
    Did you get this to work? After years of flawless performance, I'm experiencing this too... pressing the button never goes to fast blink red. Seems dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ramitche View Post
    Did you get this to work? After years of flawless performance, I'm experiencing this too... pressing the button never goes to fast blink red. Seems dead.
    may be power supply
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

Quote Originally Posted by ramitche View Post
    >20 seconds ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    >20 seconds ?
    Even tried > 60 seconds.. same ... just a slow red blink.

Does anyone know if there's someone that can troubleshoot and/or service these devices? I really don't want to move away from this technology unless I really have to.
    Last edited by ramitche; 2017-04-10 at 18:12.

You could always build a new PI player.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and Squeezeslave

[UPDATE]

So, in the end, that didn't work... i picked up a new power supply and it works reliably now. I guess the old PS got fried somehow. I did see a red light emanating from the digital audio port on the back of the SB Player, so i thought the PS was ok, but obviously it was not delivering enough power.

I now have a working SB Duet Player.
    Last edited by ramitche; 2017-04-24 at 17:51.