Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Slow Blinking Red/Won't Reset/Did Storm Kill my Logitech Squeezebox Receiver?

Hello all. I'm stuck with the slow blinking red light which should mean my receiver will be seen by the Logitech Squeezebox Duet Controller, right? Wrong. I've unplugged receiver, held the front button. It won't move to a fast red nor will it cycle through other colors. Now, I have two of these receivers. The one upstairs is seen by the Controller. My iPhone 6 (which has Peng 8 app on it) is seen by the Controller but only intermittently. (Mostly when the phone is right next to the Controller). The downstairs receiver - the one stuck on slow blinking red light - is seemingly dead.

I've got a Mac Pro (late 2013 version). I'm running Yosemite aka 10.10.1 - the latest. I have a new Airport Extreme 802.11ac, 6th generation router. Everything else is working fine with this router. Apple blurb: "On June 10, 2013, the AirPort Extreme Base Station was updated to support the 802.11ac protocol. Retaining the same name, the new model underwent a redesign from the five previous generations. With a smaller footprint of 3.85 inches square and 6.6 inches tall, it now has a 64% smaller footprint than the previous generation. Additionally, Apple has configured the new model with six antennas. Three are designated for the 2.4 GHz spectrum and three for the 5 GHz spectrum."

A call to Logitech suggested the problem might be with my network. I doubt that. I moved the red light unit upstairs and the good unit downstairs without changing their power supplies. The working upstairs unit (now downstairs with the downstairs power supply) continued to work fine. The red light unit that is now upstairs (with the upstairs power supply) continues to seem "dead".

Resetting the Controller to Factory settings did not work. Resetting the Controller whilst holding down the red button didn't work either.

I need this to work ASAP for the holidays. I've tried reviving the receiver with Logitech manual help and many online tips but nothing is working. We had a nasty couple of days here in the Northeast of the U.S. and power outages. Our power went down hard several times. Although both receivers are on power supplies does it seem to anyone out there that one of mine just died?

Would Logitech either swap this out of warranty Logitech Squeezebox Receiver for me OR do they sell factory repaired replacements?

HELP!

Thanks!

SNazz

Slow blinking red ligth means that this reciever needs to be setup again .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by SNazz123 View Post
    Would Logitech either swap this out of warranty Logitech Squeezebox Receiver for me OR do they sell factory repaired replacements?
    Neither, but it's likely just a setup issue as Mnyb suggested. Sure router settings were not affected by these power outages? Guest network?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Slow blinking red ligth means that this reciever needs to be setup again .
    Thank you Mnyb. I knew that the slow blinking red light means that the receiver is supposedly ready to either be set up again or is ready to join the network but it does not show up as a player in the controller. Also, what do you make of the fact that I cannot reset the receiver at all? Holding down the button whilst I plug in the AC power is supposed to start a fast blinking red light and cycle it through the other color until it arrives at white. The fact that this is not happening makes me thing this is fried.

BTW, I sent this post to Logitech, and, so far, no response, alas.

Thanks for your input.

SNazz

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Neither, but it's likely just a setup issue as Mnyb suggested. Sure router settings were not affected by these power outages? Guest network?
    Thanks toby10. I wish it just were a setup issue but, as I just posted to Mnyb: The player refuses to show on the controller whilst the other receiver shows up just fine. And the one move that had worked in the past - resetting the receiver from the front button - is non-operational. The router works fine for everything else including the other receiver so that baffles me.

SNazz

Thank you Mnyb. I knew that the slow blinking red light means that the receiver is supposedly ready to either be set up again or is ready to join the network but it does not show up as a player in the controller. Also, what do you make of the fact that I cannot reset the receiver at all? Holding down the button whilst I plug in the AC power is supposed to start a fast blinking red light and cycle it through the other color until it arrives at white. The fact that this is not happening makes me thing this is fried.

BTW, I sent this post to Logitech, and, so far, no response, alas.

Thanks for your input.

SNazz
    It doesn't sound like you're doing it right.
    Leave the receiver powered up, just press and hold the button on the receiver until it flashes red rapidly, (it should NOT cycle through all the colours), it should then be available on your controller to set up.
    Server - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21, 25K library, cache and playlists on a USB HD (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Study - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > CA Minx 5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - RPi3/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio

Thanks toby10. I wish it just were a setup issue but, as I just posted to Mnyb: The player refuses to show on the controller whilst the other receiver shows up just fine. And the one move that had worked in the past - resetting the receiver from the front button - is non-operational. The router works fine for everything else including the other receiver so that baffles me.

SNazz
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Leave the receiver powered up, just press and hold the button on the receiver until it flashes red rapidly, (it should NOT cycle through all the colours), it should then be available on your controller to set up.
    And be close to that reciever ! in setup mode it talks directly to the controller and not via the network .

Btw in some cases some people had to also reset the controller
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Thanks kidstypike. I've done this before many times and I know it either cycles through the colors (under some circumstances at least) or, as you say, flashes red rapidly. However, pressing and holding the button on the receiver NEVER results in the rapid red flashing as it used to! Unplugging, pressing the button whilst plugging back in also only gets me a slow flash in red. That's all that is happening no matter what I try.

I'm stumped and frustrated.

SNazz

At this point I would try setting up the SB Receiver using the Net::UDAP tool (see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...iguration-tool). I find it great for taking a lot of the randomness out of the usual SBR setup process.

Found this on another site.
    Helped me.

Dear all
    After going trough a lot of forums and contacting the Locitech Support I found a solution for the problem.

SOLUTON: Do not only recet the receiver.
    Reset the Controler (Settings / Advanced / Restore Factory Settings) AND the receiver (press red blinking button until start blinking red quickly) at the same time.

Then it worked on my side.

Does it help?
    Lukesch