Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    My understanding is very basic but they are all flacs. Wav files, both commercial downloads and ripped. all play correctly as flacs after lms transcoding. How would you like me to transfer a couple of the files? Should I put them in Dropbox and post a link?

Yes, a Dropbox link would be perfect
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Let me know when you've downloaded them and I'll delete the folder.

File 1 plays correctly but with files 2 & 3 you have to position the slider at least 20 secs into the track to initiate play then move back to around 10 secs and the track will then play from the beginning. All commercial downloads.

I've just downloaded 0.0.9.9 j and will give it a test.

UPDATE: I converted one of the errant files to WAV and it played correctly then re-converted it back to flac and it again played correctly, so there is at least a workaround to the issue.
    Last edited by PaulinPosset; 2014-11-23 at 13:58. Reason: Link removed

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bq40ldkmt...z7ldFsqoa?dl=0

Let me know when you've downloaded them and I'll delete the folder.

File 1 plays correctly but with files 2 & 3 you have to position the slider at least 20 secs into the track to initiate play then move back to around 10 secs and the track will then play from the beginning. All commercial downloads.

I've just downloaded 0.0.9.9 j and will give it a test.

UPDATE: I converted one of the errant files to WAV and it played correctly then re-converted it back to flac and it again played correctly, so there is at least a workaround to the issue.

I've downloaded the files.

[edit]: Although I'm not 100% sure, I think there is an issue with the metadata in the header of the file. The 2 files with problems have a very large 1MB album cover and such a large image might upset the player. The file playing nicely does not have such an image. When you position the slider, it also has the effect of removing that metadata, and that seems to correlate well. This sounds like the reason, although large image like that is permitted by flac spec. To test that this is not squeeze2upnp, you should stream the exact same file, *including the same metadata* to the player. The difficulty is that some upnp media renderer might alter the file "on the fly" so it might "seem to work & be the same" when is is not. Another test is to look at the re-encoded files and see what is the size of the metadata (I use mp3tag)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2014-11-23 at 12:33.

Interestingly the size of the original file stayed the same after I used Mp3tag to clear the metadata and it didn't play. It was only after I converted to WAV that the file would play.

As I say I'm not bothered as I have a workaround and it's only a handful of albums that are affected.

Everything else is spot-on and the solution to continuous streams works well. I've been streaming Radio Paradise for 3 hrs without a break and you can see from Orange Squeeze when the "next" track is played as the time played re-sets itself whilst the renderer continues to show the overall time.

I had to reduce the <streambuf_size> and <output_size> from the original values of 2457600, rather arbitrarily to 1457600 as it was a quick change, but it all works perfectly now.

I've now removed the files from Dropbox and I'm off to do some more listening!

Interestingly the size of the original file stayed the same after I used Mp3tag to clear the metadata and it didn't play. It was only after I converted to WAV that the file would play.

As I say I'm not bothered as I have a workaround and it's only a handful of albums that are affected.

Everything else is spot-on and the solution to continuous streams works well. I've been streaming Radio Paradise for 3 hrs without a break and you can see from Orange Squeeze when the "next" track is played as the time played re-sets itself whilst the renderer continues to show the overall time.

I had to reduce the <streambuf_size> and <output_size> from the original values of 2457600, rather arbitrarily to 1457600 as it was a quick change, but it all works perfectly now.
    That's a bit surprising - why did you have to do that ?

I've now removed the files from Dropbox and I'm off to do some more listening!
    Good ! this is the main objective ;-)

version 0.1 - help for doing an "installable" plugin

I have now something that is probably good enough for a version 0.1 - it can be found here https://github.com/philippe44/LMS-to.../master/stable

I'd like to make it a plugin for LMS so that it can be discovered and use by more people. That work was already a lot to take (at least for me) and I have to confess total ignorance in the area of making a plugin nicely integrated in LMS.

Can somebody here help me to do that ? I have a Windows and a Linux version, there are a few options on the command line and optionally an xml file to edit. It could be nice to use the LMS GUI to do that, but it's not mandatory. I also don't know how to have that part of the plugins listed in LMS. I certainly can undertake that effort as well, but that would be very nice to have (part of) it done by somebody with that experience

Thank you

NB: and I'm not a "perl" guy ...
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2014-11-23 at 23:38.

Sorry to bring bad news but version 0.1 doesn't seem to work correctly. It plays local files and BBC iPlayer streams but won't play Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify or Radio Paradise Streams.

I noticed that generated config file was different to 0.0.9.9j (different and missing parameters) so tried the earlier version instead and 0.1 then worked correctly.

I'm currently using Version 0.1 with config file from 0.0.9.9j

Sorry to bring bad news but version 0.1 doesn't seem to work correctly. It plays local files and BBC iPlayer streams but won't play Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify or Radio Paradise Streams.

I noticed that generated config file was different to 0.0.9.9j (different and missing parameters) so tried the earlier version instead and 0.1 then worked correctly.

I'm currently using Version 0.1 with config file from 0.0.9.9j
    Okay - I have a similar feedback from PasTim so I did something wrong here - sorry guys, give me today and I'll reverse back. Normally, the only different parameters should be <buffer_limit> instead of <buffer_size>. Can you upload your faulty file here ?

The file entitled "config" was generated in 0.0.9.9j with tweaks by myself. The file entitled "config 0.1" was generated in 0.1.

I notice that the line: <didle_duration>24:00:00.000</didle_duration> is not in the later version.
    Attached Files Attached Files