Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    everything is fine except files stop before the end of the track.
    device name set in config.xml is not set in lms too.
    attached log.txt and config.xml
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudity View Post
    everything is fine except files stop before the end of the track.
    device name set in config.xml is not set in lms too.
    attached log.txt and config.xml
    thanks
    Your config .xml is not taken into account, and that explain why the name is not set properly. This is due to the fact that the <name> you use contains an accentuated character (Ŕ) that seems to create a problem for the XML parser I'm using. I was able to reproduce the issue. Can you re-generate a "config.xml" as some default options have changed (typically, the <stream_length> should now be -3 by default.
    The "stop before end of the track" is much more annoying ... currently, due to the "Ŕ", you only use mp3 (default codec), can you try if you have the same issue with other codecs once the config.xml is updated and w/o accentuated char ? How long before the end does it stop ? and by "stop" you mean it moves to the next track or it just "stops" (log indicates a normal "next track"). What happens if you play only one track ?

Thanks for testing !

[edit]: you use xbmc, right ? I just tried on my x64 Linux box and was able to play multiple mp3 tracks w/o a problem. Can you tell me more about your PC configuration ?
    There is also something that I'm investigating with regard to the streaming method that seems to create an issue with larger files and I was able to reproduce that with xbmc and flac. Working on it ...
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2014-11-16 at 23:39.

hi, tried with latest github version and kodi-14.0-Helix_beta3 upnp player.
    I still get unstable mp3's stopping at 36s
    don't have much time right now, sorry
    thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by hisdudity View Post
    hi, tried with latest github version and kodi-14.0-Helix_beta3 upnp player.
    I still get unstable mp3's stopping at 36s
    don't have much time right now, sorry
    thanks.
    No worries and give me a few days to fix that with xbmc. I'll post here as soon as it is sorted, but it's on me now
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2014-11-17 at 13:37.

- xbmc compatibility solved (0.0.9.8)
    - added a "compatibilty.txt" file

A massive thanks to Philippe_44 and PasTim. I've been following the thread on LMS and also PasTim's work earlier this year with great interest as this was exactly what I was looking for myself. Followed the instructions and installed it yesterday on the Win 7 machine where LMS resides and voila, it all works extremely well!

Have streamed Qobuz through Ickstream and via plug-in, Tidal via Ickstream, Spotify using Triode's plug-in, BBC iPlayer, Radio Paradise, and played 24 bit and 16 bit files stored in the music folder, all without a hitch to a Naim Uniti.

The volume control takes a bit of getting used to and I've tweaked the "volume curve" settings to match more closely the volume adjustment on the Uniti but essentially the program just works splendidly.

The SBT will stay for SWMBO's use and also when listening in synch. with the radio in the kitchen, but using this program will become my main way of listening.

Once again a massive thank you to Philippe_44 and PasTim!
    Last edited by PaulinPosset; 2014-11-21 at 07:35. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    A massive thanks to Philippe_44 and PasTim. I've been following the thread on LMS and also PasTim's work earlier this year with great interest as this was exactly what I was looking for myself. Followed the instructions and installed it yesterday on the Win 7 machine where LMS resides and voila, it all works extremely well!

Have streamed Qobuz through Ickstream and via plug-in, Tidal via Ickstream, Spotify using Triode's plug-in, BBC iPlayer, Radio Paradise, and played 24 bit and 16 bit files stored in the music folder, all without a hitch to a Naim Uniti.

The volume control takes a bit of getting used to and I've tweaked the "volume curve" settings to match more closely the volume adjustment on the Uniti but essentially the program just works splendidly.

The SBT will stay for SWMBO's use and also when listening in synch. with the radio in the kitchen, but using this program will become my main way of listening.

Once again a massive thank you to Philippe_44 and PasTim!
    You're very welcome and I'm glad that our work can be helpful! Would you mind filling the information below so that we can also share the compatibilty status with others ?

===============================================

S = <stream_length> -1, -3, <value> = some large number > 1000000000
    A = <accept_nexturi> 0, 1
    C = <can_pause> 0, 1
    F = <force_volume> 0, 1

P = pause works ?
    R = repositioning works ?

Name codecs S A C F P R

Sonos mp3,flc <value> 1 1 1 Y Y
    Marantz NR1603 pcm,mp3,flc -3 1 1 1 Y Y
    xbmc pcm,mp3,flc -3 1 1 1 Y Y
    M1 Cl1c pcm,mp3,flc -3 1 1 1 !flc !flc

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You're very welcome and I'm glad that our work can be helpful! Would you mind filling the information below so that we can also share the compatibilty status with others ?

C = <can_pause> 0, 1
    F = <force_volume> 0, 1

P = pause works ?

Name codecs S A C F P R

Naim Uniti2 pcm,mp3,flc -3 1 1 1 Y Y

Note: I haven't tried pcm but I know the Uniti can stream Jamcast and shows LPCM16 in the display when doing so, so added the codec anyway.

I have noted a quirk when playing some local files, all of them 24 bit downloads.

All ripped CDs play successfully and some 24 bit and 16 bit downloads play correctly but there are a few 24 bit that won't play unless the repositioning slider on the control point (Orange Squeeze) is moved. The track will start to play from where the slider is located but it must be moved at least 20 seconds into the track. Once play has started if you then slide the bar back to around 10 secs the track will play from the start, however the it will not advance to the next one on ending.

As I say, it is only a handful of albums, all commercial downloads and of different sample frequencies, so no big deal as they do play through the normal uPnP servers and to the SBT, Radio and Squeezelite.

I'm using 0.0.9.9g with a new config file and L24 set to 1.

Hope that helps and carry on the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post

C = <can_pause> 0, 1
    F = <force_volume> 0, 1

P = pause works ?

Name codecs S A C F P R

I did reply with more detail about a quirk when playing some 24 bit local flacs, but that seems to have got lost so if it doesn't appear I'll post seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post

Note: I haven't tried pcm but I know the Uniti can stream Jamcast and shows LPCM16 in the display when doing so, so added the codec anyway.

I have noted a quirk when playing some local files, all of them 24 bit downloads.

All ripped CDs play successfully and some 24 bit and 16 bit downloads play correctly but there are a few 24 bit that won't play unless the repositioning slider on the control point (Orange Squeeze) is moved. The track will start to play from where the slider is located but it must be moved at least 20 seconds into the track. Once play has started if you then slide the bar back to around 10 secs the track will play from the start, however the it will not advance to the next one on ending.

As I say, it is only a handful of albums, all commercial downloads and of different sample frequencies, so no big deal as they do play through the normal uPnP servers and to the SBT, Radio and Squeezelite.

I'm using 0.0.9.9g with a new config file and L24 set to 1.

Hope that helps and carry on the good work!
    Thanks that helps as I want to take care of a maximum difficult cases now, while all this is still fresh :-) - Could these 24 bits tracks be PCM unpacked ? (i.e. 24 bits precision represented on 32 bits integer ?) I don't know how LMS handle such files. To help understanding & fixing, can you tell me what are these files locally in LMS ? wav ? otherwise, if you want to share one of the problematic file, I can investigate direclty