any issues with LMS 7.8.x or 7.9.x on Debian Wheezy (x86)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsdreamer
    • Jul 2007

running these scripts...

Originally posted by adamdea
    Thanks -this is very interesting. Apologies if I am asking dumb questions (I am very new to linux) but is the idea that one can execute by
    a)simply executing the commands in your first post line by line. -Where do the patches need to be?
    b) then executing the script in your second post

Is there a way of turning your build into a .deb package as I notice that someone did with the 64bit perl 5.20 version of LMS

That said the standard debian image used for Cubox-i is jessie and I think it may be using 5.18 I think the image was made in July and so hasn't gone to 5.20, but I suspect it won;t work with 5.14
    You can execute the scripts from both of my posts line-by-line, or (better idea) copy and paste the whole code: segment from each post into its individual file and execute as a script. I have attached shell script versions as files to make it easier to try. (Source them by putting a dot in front on the commands line such as ". build_cpan.txt" and, if successful, then also use ". add_cpan.txt"). I had to make them .txt files in order to attach them to this post.

The patch files are expected to be in same directory the one from where the scripts are executed.

There is a way to make a .deb package, but I haven't had time to do that and I currently only have a build for my immediate need which was Perl 5.14 on Wheezy.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------
    "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Comment

• adamdea
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by dsdreamer
      You can execute the scripts from both of my posts line-by-line, or (better idea) copy and paste the whole code: segment from each post into its individual file and execute as a script. I have attached shell script versions as files to make it easier to try. (Source them by putting a dot in front on the commands line such as ". build_cpan.txt" and, if successful, then also use ". add_cpan.txt"). I had to make them .txt files in order to attach them to this post.

The patch files are expected to be in same directory the one from where the scripts are executed.

There is a way to make a .deb package, but I haven't had time to do that and I currently only have a build for my immediate need which was Perl 5.14 on Wheezy.
      Excellent- thanks very much. I will give it a go.

Comment

Working...