Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry about the confusion and the late response here.

The HiFiBerry plugin and all other sound card plugins are and remain free plugins. I just tested the HiFiBerry one again to make sure and I had no problem installing and using it.

Could you please tell us exactly where your free image did not allow you to use the HiFiBerry plugin? Installation, card selection, etc. so we can isolate and fix the issue?
    I burned a new image (m2p_rpi3_default_241_wps_autoexpand) to a 16GB freshly formatted micro SD card.

Inserted into a Raspberry B+ applied power, when the UI came up, I clicked on the HiFiBerry option:

Name:  HifiBerry.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  116.4 KB

On the HifiBerry tab, I chose the Digi + card and clicked "Save".

Name:  Berrytab01.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  113.3 KB

And rebooted:

Name:  Berrytab02.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  136.4 KB

Without activating my license, squeezelite/Digi+ is now working and playing without problem.

However, the confusing thing is that on the "Raspberry Settings" tab, one is asked to choose the soundcard to load on boot. Choosing the Digi+ card and clicking the "Save" button just returns to the default "None" option, i.e. you cannot select a soundcard here until you've activated a valid license.

Name:  Berry03.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  93.0 KB

Name:  berry4.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  106.4 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Thanks for the detailed response and sorry about the confusion.

This is due to the premium status of the Raspberry Settings plugin which includes a lot of other config features.

However, the sound card plugins are all still completely free and enable you to use the sound card you select there for your system.

This is due to the premium status of the Raspberry Settings plugin which includes a lot of other config features.

However, the sound card plugins are all still completely free and enable you to use the sound card you select there for your system.
    So you're saying that if a user doesn't have an activated license it doesn't matter because the pi will still load the attached sound card on reboot anyway?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    So you're saying that if a user doesn't have an activated license it doesn't matter because the pi will still load the attached sound card on reboot anyway?
    Well, what a load of bollocks.

When Max2Play started it was simple to set up and use.

Not so now, to get your "free" player you have to be able to negotiated your way through at least four different screens, without much help, Lord help them that can't.

First you have to select the "Start" tab and then select the card mfg.

Then

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  196.5 KB

and then

Name:  3.jpg
Size:  173.9 KB

All the time, on the other pages, the impression is given that a licence is needed.

As a new user, without any experience, you are lost.

What a load of bollocks

Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

What a load of bollocks

Ronnie.
    C'mon Ronnie - tell us what you think, no holding back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

When Max2Play started it was simple to set up and use.

Not so now, to get your "free" player you have to be able to negotiated your way through at least four different screens, without much help, Lord help them that can't.

First you have to select the "Start" tab and then select the card mfg.

Then

Size:  196.5 KB

and then

Size:  173.9 KB

All the time, on the other pages, the impression is given that a licence is needed.

As a new user, without any experience, you are lost.

What a load of bollocks

Ronnie.
    I couldn't get it to accept the digi card on the pi page, or get it to show up anywhere until I bought a license. Is this correct @max2play? If so it's very confusing.

If I'd used the base software, I probably wouldn't need the license....

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_big View Post
    I couldn't get it to accept the digi card on the pi page, or get it to show up anywhere until I bought a license. Is this correct @max2play? If so it's very confusing.

If I'd used the base software, I probably wouldn't need the license....

That's the point Jason, logically one would first go to the raspberry pi settings, choose the card, save and reboot, then go to AudioPlayer page and reselect and confirm the card.

But now one has to select the card mfg from the "start" pop-up, reboot and then go to the Audioplayer page.

If one goes direct to the Audioplayer page and tries the Squeezelite drop down, only the default audio players are listed, so sign of the card.

But one has to be able to work this out by trial and error.

Whilst your here, can I have something for my back? it's giving me a load of old gyp today
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2017-06-16 at 01:54.

But I DID that, Ronnie!

I think me fatal error Wat to hit the max2play upgrade button and move to a new, more restrictive version of the software where you need a license to use the hifiberry cards.

I'll PM you a couple of oxys.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_big View Post
    But I DID that, Ronnie!

I think me fatal error Wat to hit the max2play upgrade button and move to a new, more restrictive version of the software where you need a license to use the hifiberry cards.

I'll PM you a couple of oxys.

Wow, cloud nine (and a bit...)

Now, how to skin this cat......

Burn the image to a sd card.

Keep the card in the computer (i'm assuming Windows).

Right click and open the card, go to the Overlays folder and determine the overlay for the card you want to install (READ ME).

Name: hifiberry-digi-pro
    Info: Configures the HifiBerry Digi+ Pro audio card
    Load: dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi-pro
    Params: <None>
    Return to the previous screen and open the config txt file and scroll to the bottom

This is the default

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
    dtparam=audio=on
    gpu_mem=128
    dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus
    AUTORESIZE=1
    Change it to whichever you need

# Enable audio (loads snd_bcm2835)
    dtparam=audio=on
    gpu_mem=128
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi-pro
    AUTORESIZE=1
    Save and exit, extract the card correctly, pop it in the pi and boot up.

At start you get this screen, just click on "Skip"

Views: 130
Size:  198.9 KB

Go to the Audioplayer tab page and select the player from the dropdown, save the setting.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  199.4 KB

Then, change the location info and do the update and reboot

Views: 128
Size:  200.0 KB

Result:----

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  109.5 KB

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Sorry again about the late reply, I caught the summer cold and was out for the last days.

This solution still works and continues to work with all sound cards that we created specific plugins for. These cards and their use with the free features of Max2Play continues to be free.

The Digi+ Pro works fine and without any workaround with the Digi/Digi+ selection for the HiFiBerry plugin.
    Last edited by Max2Play; 2017-06-19 at 03:08.