Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    @flysurfer

The link looks correct. I don't know what went wrong. I don't really want to do another installation right now, I'll try it again in a week or so and let you know if I'm still getting errors.

@flysurfer

I had some issues with Google Play Music tracks having short distortion at the beginning of the track so I looked into your squeezelite parameters and have some suggestions...

First of all, I'd always suggest using the "hw" parameter instead of "plug" or similar. It brings down the CPU useage significantly.

For the internal sound card, I'd suggest using the default parameters:

"Squeezelite -o hw:CARD=ALSA -a 80:4 -n YourNameHere -m xx:yy:zz:11:22:33" (make the MAC address of the player the same as the MAC of the network interface)

If you use Squeezelite with advanced parameters like upsamling, this will eat a lot of CPU power if you leave it running on "plug" instead of "hw".
    The Odroid has enugh CPU power, but there is no reason to waste it..

Another suggestion: if the system us used only for Squeezelite/LMS, then removing Pulsaudio is probably a good idea since it can interfere with ALSA and cause sound problems. Maybe you can make this an option on the webinterface?

Thanks.

New Version 1.06 with new Features

Hello,

a new version with an easy to install jivelite-Plugin (available on settings-page) and some adjustable things like start-parameters to squeezelite is available as image and as an update in the webinterface.

@CommanderROR: The mixer device is used to get shairplay and squeezelite to work together. Without it, I always had problems because they both try to capture the device. Pulseaudio is needed for XBMC and desktop usage. As this is more a One-For-All Image for people that are not very familiar with linux, it's difficult to remove important parts (somone might click uninstall pulseaudio without actually knowing what it means). The mixer-device uses alsa and I never had problems with music on Max2Play. "Google Play Music tracks having short distortion" can I reproduce this?
    2 x Max2Play on ODROID U2/U3 with LMS, Squeezelite, Shairport, XBMC
    1 x Squeezebox Receiver
    1 x Denon 1713 AVR + Nubert 5.1 System
    iPeng

Max2Play Webinterface and SD-Image: http://www.max2play.com/
    Max2Play Shop: http://shop.max2play.com/

@flysurfer

I played around with the settings for a bit and realized, that I had some things mixed up during testing:

The Odroid built-in audio needs some adjustments to the alsa buffer, otherwise there are noticeable "pops" during playback, both in webradio and Google Music. This is easily fixed with the "-a 80:4" setting. I still get some slight noise, but it is much better. I'll experiment with higher settings. I'm a bit spoiled,because I use Raspberry Pi with Hifiberry DAC/Digi for my player devices, and the sound is really great without any noise or distortion.
    The dmix option actually causes a slightly higher CPU load, which is why I don't like to use it, however, if I use the "hw" parameter, then the -a settings are ignored, and the "pops" during playback are back.

So, while I prefer "hw" because of the lower CPU load (but it's still very low, even with dmix), it doesn't work as well on the Odroid, so I take back my recommendation...

I understand about Pulseaudio and XBMC...I just know that it can cause problems. Let's just hope that it's OK on the Odroid. I removed it manually, which is not really a big deal.

I'll try to use a USB soundcard with the Odroid next and will see how well that works. The internal audio is much better than on the Pi, but I'm not completely satisified with it yet.

Anyway, thanks for your hard work and frequent updates!

Adding locale and timezone

Thanks for the image. After I saw you have upgraded to ubuntu 14.04, I gave it a try and it solved almost all my problems to have LMS and Xbmc on same device with easy configuration, easy updates and good performance.

I have one problem and one concern for future use:

- I can't add my locale and timezone. I tried to ssh and run odroid or squeezeplug setups; tried to add locale by running locale-gen etc. But there are still same default locales on max2play list. How can I add a new locale and set correct timezone?

- I'm not using Squeezelite, Shairplay at the moment, but I have a concern for future setups. I understand Squeezelite and XBMC can't run on same time and you have to quit one of them. I can quit Xbmc from Yatse or other remote and have squeezelite ready, that's ok. But how will I restart Xbmc with remote or Yatse again? Is there a way to automate this? Maybe xbmc should restart automatically if Squeezelite is not playing.

locale and timezone in new Max2Play-Image

Hi,
    there was a small bug while changing the language in the new Image (language didn't change at all after setting in webinterface). I solved this in the last update 1.07.
    If you want to have more languages please let me know - I will add them to the Max2Play-Image.

If you want to add a new Language on your own then you have to
    1. set up language with locale gen - example for russian language: "locale-gen ru_RU.UTF-8"
    2. edit /etc/default/locale and set new language parameters
    3. edit /etc/default/keyboard to set keyboard layout
    4. edit /etc/timezone for an other timezone and start "dpkg-reconfigure -f noninteractive tzdata" to reload timezone

Start/Stop XBMC: you can always use the webinterface of Max2Play to start/stop any of the services. Squeezelite and Shairport are automatically started (if autostart is enabled), once XBMC is stopped. So all you have to do is open the webinterface on your smartphone / computer and start XBMC if you want to watch videos.
    1 x Squeezebox Receiver
    iPeng

--
    there was a small bug while changing the language in the new Image (language didn't change at all after setting in webinterface). I solved this in the last update 1.07.
    If you want to have more languages please let me know - I will add them to the Max2Play-Image.
    I will appreciate if you can add "Istanbul/tr_TR.utf8" option to the list, but thanks for the detailed info, too.

--
    Start/Stop XBMC: you can always use the webinterface of Max2Play to start/stop any of the services. Squeezelite and Shairport are automatically started (if autostart is enabled), once XBMC is stopped. So all you have to do is open the webinterface on your smartphone / computer and start XBMC if you want to watch videos.
    Yes, that's ok for me, but not that user friendly and easy for everybody, especially when sitting in front of TV. Take it as a petition, please.

--Which xbmc packages should we use to upgrade? Modified ones from odroid forum or xbmc deb files directly?
    -- Is apt-get update/upgrade ok with the image, or should we only wait for max2play upgrades?

Thanks again
    --

AAC streams not transcoded?

I have a Duet in the system, it's not natively playing AAC streams, so they were converted on server side and I had no issues.(that was on Qnap)

Now with max2play other players (picoreplayer) are playing AAC natively, but Duet is not playing anything AAC. I have checked fileformat settings, everything seems normal to me, like before on Qnap. Should I install something more with ssh? (I did apt-get install lame, something more?)

--Which xbmc packages should we use to upgrade? Modified ones from odroid forum or xbmc deb files directly?
    -- Is apt-get update/upgrade ok with the image, or should we only wait for max2play upgrades?
    Please take the XBMC-packages from the ODROID-Forum as they should work as expected.
    It should be safe to update/upgrade.

I don't know what is necessary for playing AAC on your Squeezebox-Duet. If there is some package missing or the LMS needs to be configured in some way - maybe anyone else in this forum knows?
    1 x Squeezebox Receiver
    iPeng

I don't know what is necessary for playing AAC on your Squeezebox-Duet. If there is some package missing or the LMS needs to be configured in some way - maybe anyone else in this forum knows?
    Ok, I will check the forum, it's probably ubuntu related.

I have changed my locale and timezone, it worked as you said, but I still see EN-utf8 on settings/information tab and I have over 1500 unrecognized tracks by smartmix scan( I had around 150 unrecognized tracks on Qnap with iso-8859-1). I think locale is not recognized by LMS. How can I fix this?
    BTW Time is correct now with your fix.