Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi Mynb,
    Sorry about the late response. I am happy that you are progressing! You should definitely get 2.40 and check out our Changelog to find out what has changed and what's been improved. The static IP feature simply has not been requested by a lot of users and we do not want to add features that might confuse or impede on the features more casual users are mainly using. Of course, you can always write a simple plugin for purposes like these and share it with the community. Flysurfer actually recently did a video on how easily you can create one.
    Your issues with the Password plugin are not entirely clear. I just tested it to make sure there is no current error. You should just be able to enter a user and pw, save and then once you want to access the web interface it will ask you for a login on any browser. The SU restriction is also similarly to prevent new users from playing around in root.
    Regarding the command line options of Squeezelite for parameters we linked a list of all possible options in the web interface, here it is: https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/com...r-squeezelite/
    Yes I'm OK with squeezelite now . I'm updated to 2.40 sure .

I use Fixed IP simply because the router is an apendix in my home network almost every player and stationary computers and servers have fixed ip and are coinected via switches .
    Hence me fumbling with the router or restarting it does not stop the music , the music system would work of the switches alone except one player and mobile apps .

Amended the SSH passw via SSH . Have not tried the web-UI password feature again . The sympton is that the password i actually enter is not the one in use . I managed once with another browser than the one i used to set the password and added a blank space ? Set pw in iOS safari enter the web-UI via Firefox on Linux mint . Itried several times ?
    Can it be a keyboard setting somewhere ? I use Englidsh UI and a Swedish keyboard ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

That might be the source of error. You could try entering a very simple user and pw to find out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    That might be the source of error. You could try entering a very simple user and pw to find out for sure.
    I back up my SD card first (with the current settings and upgrades )

NB i did not use any umlauts in the PW or user ? i would try something extremely simpel as "a" ? the PW i want to use is 13 chars long
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Usually, this should not be a problem for our password plugin. This was just a suggestion to rule out an irregularity of your previous password as the source of error. If you continue experiencing issues with the plugin, please start a topic in our forums so that we can isolate the problem and fix it if it's a bug.

I have noticed that the version of LMS offered through Max2Play is all_deb. Now that an armHF version is available why not offer that and save a lot of space?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I have noticed that the version of LMS offered through Max2Play is all_deb. Now that an armHF version is available why not offer that and save a lot of space?

I think it is possible to do this manually, just copy and paste the download link.

Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I think it is possible to do this manually, just copy and paste the download link.

Ronnie.
    Good point, but not so automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

I've been wondering about this for some time

Hi guys,
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will look into it and give you an update next week.

Pi acting up

Hi all,

I’ve been using Max2play for a while now, and am reasonably familiar with the process and troubleshooting. However I’m having issues with my Kitchen setup, which is hooked up via wifi…

After booting up it’ll connect and work fine, but a few minutes into play it will lose connection with LMS. It then disappears from the player list.

At this point, the unit appears ok in my list of connected router devices, and I can ping it - so I know it's got a wifi connection, but I cannot Putty into it (connection refused) or connect to the web interface using the IP address in my browser.

Then, it'll reappear and work for a while.

Any thoughts on whether this is a hardware problem, or an issue with the SD card?

Thanks in advance,
    Jason