Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Alarm Clock - Two alarms for the price of one...

I'd like to effect an auto change of radio station by setting "alarm 2" to override "alarm 1" after say 15 minutes - e.g. "alarm 1" wakes me gently to the news at 6.45, then "alarm 2" turns on a music station 15 minutes later which kicks me into action and out of bed. I know I could use the remote as I'm already awake but I'm hoping this can be automated.

It seems the alarm behaviour is programmed to permit a second alarm to sound only after the first alarm has run its course, which appears to be a default one hour or presumably if it's turned off manually.

If "alarm 2" is set earlier than the default 1 hour all that happens is "alarm 1" is simply turned off. This is odd to my way of thinking because it indicates recognition that a second alarm is set but fails to complete the full process by turning the second station on.

I'm using radio stations set within favourites so I know the issue is not about a non-connecting stream.

Does anybody have any suggestions or know whether a plug-in exists that will allow me to achieve the desired behaviour?

To me player status and alarms don't mix too well.
    Have you tried piling up 3 alarms instead of 2 ?
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

I hadn't but I like the suggestion. I'll give it a try and let you know the outcome.

Quick test carried out - it works!

Alarm 2 switches off, one minute later Alarm 3 turns back on.

A quirk I'm more than happy to live with.

Many thanks epoch1970 for your lateral thinking.

You can also set the timeout minutes. Set alarm 2 to come on one minute after alarm 1 has timed out.