Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    Marco,
    I entered a comment on audiodigitale but it doesn't show up, and I didn't get a response from Simone, yet. Could you help with me to contact him, please? maybe PM me an email address?
    mille grazie!
    Gerhard

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    I've sent a mail to Simone, pointing to this THD.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    SB+, Klimo Merlino + Kent Gold, Monitor Audio Studio 20 Gold SE+, Klimo reference and DIS Interconnect.

Marco,
    I entered a comment on audiodigitale but it doesn't show up, and I didn't get a response from Simone, yet. Could you help with me to contact him, please? maybe PM me an email address?
    mille grazie!
    Gerhard

I've approved and answered to your comment con audiodigitale, sorry for the delay I haven't set up push notifications for the websites. Hope this will help

BTW my mail is info(at)simonefilippini(dot)it

Quote Originally Posted by Simonef View Post
    I've approved and answered to your comment con audiodigitale, sorry for the delay I haven't set up push notifications for the websites. Hope this will help

BTW my mail is info(at)simonefilippini(dot)it
    hi Simone, great, I have received your message, thanks a lot!

I'm currently looking into it and will get back to you asap.
    Maybe two questions of more general interest for this audience; what defines if we need to compile your modified SOX ourselves or should be able to use the provided versions?
    Which file/s exactly do we need to replace, I replaced the sox executable.. after this the NAS refused to play any music file at all.. should I look for sox.so instead?
    Sorry if these questions are dumb, I'm still a beginner when it comes to Linux underlyings.

thanks a lot, Gerhard

hi Simone, great, I have received your message, thanks a lot!

I'm currently looking into it and will get back to you asap.
    Maybe two questions of more general interest for this audience; what defines if we need to compile your modified SOX ourselves or should be able to use the provided versions?
    Which file/s exactly do we need to replace, I replaced the sox executable.. after this the NAS refused to play any music file at all.. should I look for sox.so instead?
    Sorry if these questions are dumb, I'm still a beginner when it comes to Linux underlyings.

thanks a lot, Gerhard

Sorry for errors or misunderstandings but English is not my native language.

I've already compiled sox executables only for specific operative systems, so if you are using FreeBSD, not customized linux distros, windows or MacOS you can just download the binary file of sox and replace the original one with the new one; then you should rename it in "sox" and check the file permissions.

If you are not using these o.ss. or you are using customized linux distro like the one of your NAS you will need to compile by yourself the software on the target operative system, on the "How to compilae SoX" guide you'll find, under the FreeBSD paragraph, the list of website where you can download the source code of the libraries that sox uses, those are the software you need to compile (to know how just read under the "compiling" paragraph) BEFORE sox. After that you can compile sox and move the executable and replace the one provinded with Logitech Media Server.

Hope this helps,
    Simone