Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    Well but do the .dsf files work? To be honest, I converted all my .dff files to .dsf as dff does not support meta data.
    There are tools available in the net and after converting you can properly maintain the tags for your files.

Gerhard

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Sadly, dsf also doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    Well but do the .dsf files work? To be honest, I converted all my .dff files to .dsf as dff does not support meta data.
    There are tools available in the net and after converting you can properly maintain the tags for your files.

Gerhard

Hi Gerhard and Guys,

Quick update to you. Indeed there is the meta data problem with dff files. I contacted SOtM engineer and we reintalled the logitech media server. Then dsf files are working properly while dff files not. I used foobar to delete previous tag information I added in the dff. Still couldn't work.

So I used dff2dsf developed by signalyst.com. Right now, all the dsd files are fine. It claims that dff2dsf only adds header info without converting to PCM. Is it really the case?

Thank you very much for your suggestions and help.

Best,
    Jianan

Quote Originally Posted by Jianan View Post
    So I used dff2dsf developed by signalyst.com. Right now, all the dsd files are fine. It claims that dff2dsf only adds header info without converting to PCM. Is it really the case?
    It absolutely stays DSD which you notice when further processing. I used the same tool, no worries, no difference realized at all.

Enjoy!

Server: LMS 7.9.1-166 Synology @ Sept 04 2017 on DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO. Players: SB Radio, Freecom MusicPal. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30, Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2