Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: LMS 7.9 and DSD

Hybrid View

LMS 7.9 and DSD

Hi.
    I was very happy when i the other day notice at the wiki pages/nightly builds -change log that the LMS 7.9 now supports DSD -->DSF / DFF.

I have therefore installed this on 7.9.0 on my Mac and can see in the web interface that DSF and DFF is supported in "Native".

My problem is now, how to get this DSD functionality into the Squeezebox Touch.When i search for "new software " then the Squeezebox touch say the newst SW is installed and this is not 7.9.0 but the official 7.7.3
    When i try to playback a DSF or DFF file then the squeezebox touch shows that it does not regonise the file format..

BTW: If i pack a DSD file into FLAC, then the Squeezebox plays the flac and DOP into my DAC that now shows that a DSD file is playing.. But this has nothing to do with playback in the "NATIVE" setting in the web interface.

Has someone this up running with DSD files?

Br
    Caad

LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

Quote Originally Posted by bonze View Post
    Hi Bonze,

Thanks for your reply..

sorry but i have to ask if you could describe how to install this FW.
    in your attached link, the latest build is: fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin, so is it correct that No 7.9.0 FW is build yet?

Br
    Caad

Quote Originally Posted by Caad View Post
    Hi Bonze,

Thanks for your reply..

sorry but i have to ask if you could describe how to install this FW.
    in your attached link, the latest build is: fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin, so is it correct that No 7.9.0 FW is build yet?

Br
    Caad
    This won't help with DSD support - I would not try to update the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    This won't help with DSD support - I would not try to update the firmware.
    OK.. Thanks-...

I will not try this "manual" update of firmware...but wait for the plug in instead..
    by the way,,, May i ask if your plugin will support DSD samples above 64? like DSD128, DSD256 ?

Br
    CAAD

Announce: PlayDSD - support for windows, mac and linux

Sorry for the delay in responding to this - there is now a downloadable plugin for 7.9 which should support DSD playback with windows, mac and linux (i386/x8644 only)

I would be grateful of a few testers before I make this available from the default plugin page.

To test:
    1) Add the following url to the additional repositories box at the bottom of the plugin page
    Code:
    http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/testrepo.xml
    2) Install the PlayDSD plugin.

When the server restarts there should be an additional PlayDSD menu item for the settings page for each player. This will allow you to enable DSD over Dop support if your player supports 192k playback or higher. The plugin will convert DSD to PCM if your dac does not support DoP - you can adjust the resampling parameters from the settings page. They are the same parameters used for resampling by squeezelite.

[If you use squeezelite then you will probably prefer to use the native DSD support in squeezelite rather than this plugin]

Quote Originally Posted by Caad View Post
    Hi.
    I was very happy when i the other day notice at the wiki pages/nightly builds -change log that the LMS 7.9 now supports DSD -->DSF / DFF.

I have therefore installed this on 7.9.0 on my Mac and can see in the web interface that DSF and DFF is supported in "Native".

My problem is now, how to get this DSD functionality into the Squeezebox Touch.When i search for "new software " then the Squeezebox touch say the newst SW is installed and this is not 7.9.0 but the official 7.7.3
    When i try to playback a DSF or DFF file then the squeezebox touch shows that it does not regonise the file format..

BTW: If i pack a DSD file into FLAC, then the Squeezebox plays the flac and DOP into my DAC that now shows that a DSD file is playing.. But this has nothing to do with playback in the "NATIVE" setting in the web interface.

Has someone this up running with DSD files?

Br
    Caad
    Native DSD support is only with "squeezelite" which is a software player. There will be a plugin to do conversion on the server from DSD to DoP. I'm afraid I have not got round to releasing that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Native DSD support is only with "squeezelite" which is a software player. There will be a plugin to do conversion on the server from DSD to DoP. I'm afraid I have not got round to releasing that yet.
    Hi Triode,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I will look forward to install that plugin in the future..
    Thanks a lot for your Very interesting improvement of this Squeezebox touch... I'm already uses your USB output /192k plugin and believe it raises the Squeezbox touch to another level.. Thanks for this..

Br
    Caad