Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Hi again.

[OT]
    @get.amped whats your problem ?
    Is it cause my english isnt my Motherslanguage and my lines (that are written with a smile on the face) are to hard?

You wrote(in very hard words): LMS is changing your playlists - no it doesnt do that.

You wrote there is no logging for errors - someone wrotes no it does log that.
    Someone (if you read carefully two guys) wrote you you had to redesign your Diskmanagement.

One of them told you to open another thread and he helps you cause thats not a point for the bug Thread and no one else (with a similar setup/question) would find the howto/tipps here.
    And you called this guy onlinedouchbag

No its always the fault of someone else not you'rs
    I've spent the last thirty years providing tech support
    Yes did someone charge you for that? Is someone charging us for that?
    I only got 23 years of doing support and what i'd learn in these years was - in most of the cases a workaround is just holding a hot stone in the hands a redesign of the process is in most cases the better way.

Making a one big "Disk" and changing the paths from x to y isnt that big deal if you planned it and of course (may i am a online douchebag) even if its just a hobby you had to plan "before" moving stuff from here to there - but in this case another one wrote that also.
    [/OT]
    @ Michael thanxs for clearing my statement about the server.prefs.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > The *problem* (see the thread title) I'm experiencing has to do with
    > logging missing playlist entries. It's not about disk management or how
    > I choose to organize my files. It's about whether an item missing from
    > the playlist is logged properly. On my system I have not found a
    > combination of log settings/scan methods that result in the log entries
    > being written.

Did you check both server.log and scanner.log? Depending on your
    configuration only "wipe & rescan" type scans would be logged to
    scanner.log, the others would be in server.log.

--

Michael
    Yes, I checked both logs. None of the "Warning" log entries I would expect to see.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > i just deleted my server.prefs (for another reason) so i am sure my
    > settings from the logging are the std.

Which is wrong: the log settings are not stored in server.prefs, but
    log.conf.

For those who prefer a GUI there's a "reset to defaults" choice in the
    drop-down box at the top of the logging settings.

--

Michael
    I'll try resetting them to defaults, remove one of the playlists, scan playlists only, put it back in and scan again and see if anything changes.
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    I'll try resetting them to defaults, remove one of the playlists, scan playlists only, put it back in and scan again and see if anything changes.
    Can you also try editing one (with an editor) so it's modification date is new, and match the can log settings I supplied?
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I also just tried a 'only rescan playlists' and the scanner log contains an entry as above. I notice, however, that it has spotted that the playlist has changed (because I edited it). Can I suggest you make a very minor edit to a playlist and see if you get a scan entry then? My scan log settings are below.
    An excellent idea. I was thinking that by removing the list and rescanning, references to it would no longer be in the database and after putting it back in and scanning, LMS should treat it as a new playlist with invalid entries that should generate the warning entries. And that seems to be the case as it's no longer listed in the interface after removing it and rescanning. But, what the hell, if you are still interested in solving this little mystery I guess I should continue to investigate...

Some combination of my last test worked! After resetting the logging to defaults, I decided that I would not only remove the file from the playlists directory, but also delete the playlist from the LMS interface. After rescanning for playlists only, I also edited the file to change it's time and date stamp and add a known (extra) invalid item. I copied the file back into the playlists directory and did another scan for playlists only. The warnings now appear in the scanner.log as before and I have a relatively easy, known process to detect invalid entries in the future.

Thanks for the assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by get.amped View Post
    Some combination of my last test worked! After resetting the logging to defaults, I decided that I would not only remove the file from the playlists directory, but also delete the playlist from the LMS interface. After rescanning for playlists only, I also edited the file to change it's time and date stamp and add a known (extra) invalid item. I copied the file back into the playlists directory and did another scan for playlists only. The warnings now appear in the scanner.log as before and I have a relatively easy, known process to detect invalid entries in the future.

Thanks for the assistance.
    Good to hear that's all sorted. It may be that manually editing the playlist (I juts put an invalid folder name in on 1 file) will have a similar effect to removing and adding the whole thing back in, but at least you now have plan that works for you - never mind that there may be other ways of organising things. I know many may think I'm daft the way I do stuff, but what matters is that it suits my way of thinking.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Good to hear that's all sorted. It may be that manually editing the playlist (I juts put an invalid folder name in on 1 file) will have a similar effect to removing and adding the whole thing back in, but at least you now have plan that works for you - never mind that there may be other ways of organising things. I know many may think I'm daft the way I do stuff, but what matters is that it suits my way of thinking.
    Now that I know a specific path to my goal, I can do some additional experimenting to determine the minimum required to achieve it. More than anything else I determined that I didn't need to change the version of LMS I'm using as it currently meets my needs. As for organizational issues, I do a considerable amount of hardcopy and electronic records management and the issues related to maintaining them, particularly alpha based record series that grow without bound (like our music libraries) are not easily solved. For myriad reasons, the "ideal" solution is rarely the one that is implemented due to financial and, in the case of government entities, political or statutory constraints. I really do have well thought out reasons for my JBOD approach to implementing LMS with the pros significantly outweighing the cons. I just don't necessarily want to have an in depth discussion of those reasons on an open forum with unknown screen avatars.

Thanks again!

Request: Better user experience for paired Radios

Howdy!

Here's a 7.9 request for improving the user experience when you want to use two Radios permanently paired for left and right channel output. The two Radio you want to pair should be treated as if they were one player with power state and volume locked together, and the ability to be part of a larger sync group as a linked pair. As it is now, it's a nice feature to pair up multiple Radios for a party or special situations, but to keep a pair of Radios permanently this way, it's real fiddly and annoying. For instance, you use sleep mode and only one Radio turns off, you have to adjust volume twice, and so on.

Here's a thread with more info: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post818796

Edit: Added to Bugzilla as Bug 18134
    Last edited by MeSue; 2015-05-23 at 08:04.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

m3u playlists in music folders not appearing

Sorry if this is a bit of a repeat question to those earlier in this thread.
    I have tried tick and untick, select and deselect various new options in 7.9, but can't get my m3u playlists that are within folders within My Music to appear as they did in 7.8.

I know it is suggested Playlists should be outside the main music library, and I can do that for those made in LMS, but my music folders also sync with other computers that need to keep m3u playlists within them.

How can I get these to show again?

Cheers