Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

BOINC on Squeezeplug/Odroid

Very happy with my Squeezeplug / Odroid setup which is very stable and pretty problem free (although it didn't change the hour forward this morning as I had it set to universal time rather than GMT, but that's another story)
    Has anyone any experience of running BOINC on a Squeezeplug / Odroid combo to use non-playing time productively?
    Many thanks
    Jeremy
    Last edited by jeremy; 2015-03-29 at 04:20.
    RaspberryPi3 server running Raspbian & LMS 7.9, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Transporter with -10dB internal attenuation, Pi2 running Squeezelite, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Boom
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - SB3 & small computer speakers

Wow, that is cheap. At that price I kind of wonder if it is any good, still worth trying I guess. Looking at the cased versions.

Can I expect any USB DAC to work on a 'plug n play' basis? I am rather confused bt the settings under AudioPlayer advanced e.g. "for sound-output (use command line option so set USB-DAC output for squeezelite, e.g. "-o hw:1,0" OR use detailed instructions on XBMC-Page for XBMC). Otherwise Squeezelite and XBMC will stutter or play no sound at all. When checked, sound-volume of USB-DAC will be set to 100%."

Does this mean that I need to do command line editing to get anything to work?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Very happy with my Squeezeplug / Odroid setup which is very stable and pretty problem free (although it didn't change the hour forward this morning as I had it set to universal time rather than GMT, but that's another story)
    Has anyone any experience of running BOINC on a Squeezeplug / Odroid combo to use non-playing time productively?
    Many thanks
    Jeremy
    I had some spare time this morning & my 'working' card is backed up so I tried this and it works
    1. Install client (headless) sudo aptitude install boinc-client
    2. Edit the file /etc/default/boinc-client to add the line BOINC_OPTS="--allow_remote_gui_rpc"
    3. reboot odroid
    4. Install BoincTasks on desktop computer from http://efmer.com/b/?q=boinctasks
    5. use boinctasks to attach project - Seti didn't work (don't think it likes ARM processors) but Einstein@home is working nicely
    6. Boinctasks can also change computing preferences e.g. when to calculate etc

Hope this helps someone
    Jeremy
    RaspberryPi3 server running Raspbian & LMS 7.9, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Transporter with -10dB internal attenuation, Pi2 running Squeezelite, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Boom
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - SB3 & small computer speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Nojelc View Post
    What is the best DAC for Odroid U3? I do not mind if it is attached to the board or connected by USB.
    When I say 'best' I mean decent hifi at reasonable price, nothing ultimate required.
    I am currently using my U3 for XMBC video to my TV, and for running SB Server, whilst using a SB Reciever to output the audio to my amp.
    It would be simpler to have all audio coming from the Odroid.
    I had it in mind that the HiFi Berry was the one, but it does not seem to be compatable with the U3
    Any suggestions?
    i use a LH GeekOut which sounds fabulous in my car system.

Folder view not happening

I'm running the server and squeezelite client, plus a wifi AP, on my OdroidU3 with a great LH GeekOut external DAC with line out in my car stereo AuxIn.
    I'm pretty happy with it, but am now running into an annoying problem that wasn't there initially (when I first moved it out to my car).

After I connect, I cannot get the Folder option view.
    New music, albums, artists all work but I much prefer the Folder view.
    Any idea where/how to troubleshoot this?

update: i found that the music directory entry in settings was unpopulated. when i fixed that, it did a new scan and all is working again.
    any idea why that setting disappeared somehow?
    Last edited by cat6man; 2015-04-01 at 08:06.