Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Squeezeplug and NAS mounts (Time Capsule, D-link 320)

This is a break off from the Squeezeplug 7 thread.
    Last edited by castalla; 2014-03-21 at 11:29.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Wayne c

Can you post the entire contents of your fstab file?
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    @Wayne c

Can you post the entire contents of your fstab file?
    Sure and thanks, obviously it isnt justified text wise when using cut and paste, justified like image below it

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults 0 2
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 1

//192.168.0.12/albums/all /mnt/Samba cifs password=qqq111,sec=ntlm,rw,iocharset=utf8,file_mo de=0777,dir_mode=0777

having to pop out for a couple of hours apologies in advance

Okay ... I think I've found the problem!

You are editing the wrong file! You need to edit fstab NOT .fstab (notice the dot!)

First, delete the last line in .fstab (that's the //192.... line). Save the .fstab file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, scroll down the list of files in /etc and find the real fstab file - it's located above the fuse.conf file.

1. Open fstab in the editor:

The last line should be:

# Automatic settings from SqueezePlug scripts starts here:

Delete anything which is below this line.

2. Now add the following as the new last line:

//192.168.0.12/albums/all /mnt/Samba cifs password=qqq111,sec=ntlm,_netdev

Save the file.

3. In PuTTy do a reboot

4. Login and do ls /mnt/Samba

--------------------------------------

Here's hoping ....
    Last edited by castalla; 2014-03-19 at 09:02.
    SB Player - Fire TV

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Okay ... I think I've found the problem!

Here's hoping ....
    After all you help I can now say I have a working Squeezeplug with a library on My time capsule which is being found automatically via Samba!!!.
    I'm really impressed and can only thank you a hundred times for helping me sort this out, an absolute top person you are Castalla, its now uploading the music as i type this 3tb of flacs , only up to the letter B but boy am I happy.

Thank you so much.

I guess I should save a copy of this for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne c View Post
    After all you help I can now say I have a working Squeezeplug with a library on My time capsule which is being found automatically via Samba!!!.
    I'm really impressed and can only thank you a hundred times for helping me sort this out, an absolute top person you are Castalla, its now uploading the music as i type this 3tb of flacs , only up to the letter B but boy am I happy.

Thank you so much.

I guess I should save a copy of this for future reference.
    Phew!

Glad it's working! I guess you can just refer back here if it all goes wrong again!

Don't forget - when you add new files to the TC you have to run an LMS scan (new & changed files) for them to show.

Enjoy!
    SB Player - Fire TV

I was going to ask if I decided in future to add an external USB storage drive to the Pi, ( i have one with 2tb of music on ) will that be more straightforward ie, using the squeezeplug usb set up interface on the Machine itself, or will that interfere with this set up please?.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne c View Post
    I was going to ask if I decided in future to add an external USB storage drive to the Pi, ( i have one with 2tb of music on ) will that be more straightforward ie, using the squeezeplug usb set up interface on the Machine itself, or will that interfere with this set up please?.
    Never done that before myself, but I think the squeezeplug setup should work without messing up what we've done already. I think it would have to be a powered usb disk.

The only problem you could have in the current setup is if the TC ip address changes - best to have it fixed on the static 192.168.0.12 ip address.

How many TB of music do you have??!!! Hope you're young enough to get through it all. I have only 8gb and even then I only listen to about 10% of that!
    SB Player - Fire TV

I have around 7tb in total , all high resolution flac and AIFF stuff around 90,000 tunes.

I was wondering also how you know all these things about Linux?, your help has led to me wanting to find out more about the understanding of the programming side of this, so I can understand what is going on.