Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Transporter wordclock setup

I'm a complete newbie to the Squeezebox however I've just bought a transporter. I'd like to use the wordclock in socket to lock onto the system master clock signal (DCS Scarlatti stabilised by Quarzlock rubidium generator)

I can't find anywhere any adjustments to get the transporter to lock to an external clock signal. Am I missing some menu software?

Sorry if this has been covered already but forum search didn't give me anything dumbed down enough!

I believe the setting for this is within LMS. Go to the player tab in the settings web interface.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk

For some reason, LMS was not letting me do it, however after a bit of fiddling, iPeng let's me change wordclock setting. Locking to external system master clock does seem to be worthwhile.

Thanks for your help.

Just an update on this. Transporter is slaved to DCS Scarlatti master clock. Recently Ive been experimenting with an external 10mHz clock to control the Scarlatti clock. Results are interesting and encouraging with rubidium providing a 'different' sound. Best result of all is using a BVA clock built around an Oscilloquartz 8607 which gives a real improvement with a clear reduction in digital edge. Its amazing really to hear the Transporter sounding so good with FLAC files streamed from Qobus. IT has become my main listening source these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    Just an update on this. Transporter is slaved to DCS Scarlatti master clock. Recently Ive been experimenting with an external 10mHz clock to control the Scarlatti clock. Results are interesting and encouraging with rubidium providing a 'different' sound. Best result of all is using a BVA clock built around an Oscilloquartz 8607 which gives a real improvement with a clear reduction in digital edge. Its amazing really to hear the Transporter sounding so good with FLAC files streamed from Qobus. IT has become my main listening source these days.
    As soon as someone mentions "digital edge" I tend to get suspicious. Are your observations based on sighted or double-blind listening? Was the listening sequential, A/B or ABX?
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    As soon as someone mentions "digital edge" I tend to get suspicious. Are your observations based on sighted or double-blind listening? Was the listening sequential, A/B or ABX?
    Observations based on AB blind testing with audience allegedly(?) neutral.

Actually the process has moved on somewhat as squeezebox has now been totally replaced by Aurender since Aurender enabled Tidal and Qobus.

Beefier power supply and case built for clock which subjectively sounds rather better but has not had quite the neutral test protocol needed to rue out listener bias.