Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Looks like there is a wrong setup in LMS data config, especially for playing mp3. Have you done any modification within this settings?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AudioUser View Post
    Looks like there is a wrong setup in LMS data config, especially for playing mp3. Have you done any modification within this settings?
    Not that I know of - I had changed file type settings previously but have reverted to standard. Below are the directory and LMS file type settings I have. I've also since had an issue with the Audio Output changing mid-use. E.g. splaying local FLAC files OK, then Tidal OK, then go to change back to play local file and no output. LMS is functioning but no sound. Checking the output list the DAC ASIO output I was using (#6) has changed to #5 ?

Name:  My Squeeze Folder (1).jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  48.2 KBName:  LMS File settings.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  36.7 KB

What happens if you switch squeezelite to the ASIO Out corresponding to your DAC by command?

cmd
    squeezelite-win.exe -o x

x = number of ASIO driver

You find good explanation for squeezelite commands at the Internet.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Help with Spotify & MP3

I decided to remove the manual install of Squeezelite and installed the 'Local Player' plug-in via LMS. Can't believe I didn't know that was an option. From the Settings page I can change drivers easily. That side of thing seems OK now but I still can't get MP3 or Spotify working using either the MME or ASIO driver.

I know this issue has been flogged but haven't found a straight forward answer. I understood the Local Player plug-in had MP3 support built in?

I have unpacked MAD MPEG decoder on the player machine but don't know whether it needs to sit in a certain directory.

Perhaps I am better taking discussion here seeing I will stick with the plug-in installation.

request for update

Thanks for the great instructions. Worked well on my Win 7 system.

Is is possible to update the first post with newer info? The reason for asking is that I found the latest files were very hard to find. Finding this information buried in a 300 page post is not good for a beginner.
    • The Google code gives a v1.5 archived program, but development seems to have been moved to Github.
    • A Github page provides v1.7.
    • Forum user Ralphy provides newer, more comprehensive, builds in his mediafire page

Ralph's build already contains mp3 support.

For the other builds, I copied the later version of libmpg123 (v 1.22.0) and saw no problems.
    Last edited by CameronD; 2016-01-06 at 00:35. Reason: added explanation and link

Doesn't work on virtual machines

...or at least in my testing the past few days it has not....
    I have a habit of sorting out new stuff on VMs before i install / configure it on my primary PC, and run Hyper-V on Windows 10 for this purpose.. This is a very reliable process and I can't recall not being able to make something work on a VM. BUT... I spent a couple of days trying to get Squeezelite running as a service using NSSM and could not get it to work.
    VMs I tried:
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Windows 8 32-bit
    Things I tried:
    - unblock the executable and all DLLs
    - various compatibility modes for the exe
    - various command options in NSSM (different than what was recommended)

In every case the service would start and go immediately to a paused state. Turned on debug logging for Squeezlite and redirected to a file and found that on startup the log output was:

squeezelite.exe -o 2 -n SL_Mockingbird -s 192.168.0.15 -d all=debug -f c:\squeezelite\debug.txt
    [14:19:03.943] stream_init:290 init stream
    [14:19:03.943] stream_init:291 streambuf size: 2097152
    [14:19:03.943] output_init_pa:393 init output
    [14:19:03.943] output_init_pa:405 requested latency: 0
    [14:19:03.943] output_init_common:342 outputbuf size: 3528000

...and stopped there. Log output for a working interactive desktop instance was much more complete.

Anyway, this evening I finally gave it a go on my physical W10 64-bit machine. Installed as a service and started up fine on the first attempt. Go figure.

~dbinfl~
    ================================
    LMS 7.8.1 on Windows 10 64-bit
    SBR (x2), SB Boom (x1), Squeezelite (x1)
    Ripping with dBpoweramp to FLAC
    One happy customer!
    ================================

Volume control

Quote Originally Posted by dbinfl View Post
    ...or at least in my testing the past few days it has not....
    I have a habit of sorting out new stuff on VMs before i install / configure it on my primary PC, and run Hyper-V on Windows 10 for this purpose.. This is a very reliable process and I can't recall not being able to make something work on a VM. BUT... I spent a couple of days trying to get Squeezelite running as a service using NSSM and could not get it to work.
    VMs I tried:
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Windows 8 32-bit
    Things I tried:
    - unblock the executable and all DLLs
    - various compatibility modes for the exe
    - various command options in NSSM (different than what was recommended)

In every case the service would start and go immediately to a paused state. Turned on debug logging for Squeezlite and redirected to a file and found that on startup the log output was:

squeezelite.exe -o 2 -n SL_Mockingbird -s 192.168.0.15 -d all=debug -f c:\squeezelite\debug.txt
    [14:19:03.943] stream_init:290 init stream
    [14:19:03.943] stream_init:291 streambuf size: 2097152
    [14:19:03.943] output_init_pa:393 init output
    [14:19:03.943] output_init_pa:405 requested latency: 0
    [14:19:03.943] output_init_common:342 outputbuf size: 3528000

...and stopped there. Log output for a working interactive desktop instance was much more complete.

Anyway, this evening I finally gave it a go on my physical W10 64-bit machine. Installed as a service and started up fine on the first attempt. Go figure.

~dbinfl~
    Hello.
    I have installed windows 10 on a mac mini (bootcamp partion), and lms server and Local player is working. Problem is that the volume control is not controling the volume of the soundcard, just the "soft" volume of the player, eg. if the soundcard volume is low, i only get low volume from the player even at max volume.
    Is there a way to get the players volume control to change the output volume from the soundcard ?

Best regards, and thanks for any help !
    Lars

Quote Originally Posted by sp1976 View Post
    Now Iĺll show you how to start your squeezelite player as a service (no longer command line needed to start squeezelite).
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your tutorials... the first one worked great for me, but this one, when I reboot windows, the squeezelite is not showing in LMS. When I go to Windows Services, I see Squeezelite is PAUSED. When I try to start it, I get an error message saying
    "Unable to start service
    The operation could not be completed
    An instance of the service is already running"

Which is odd, since there is no "instance of the service" running! I do have SqueezePlay installed, but it is not running...

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mark.

Squeezelite installer for Windows

Basically an Windows installer implementation of this HOWTO using Innosetup :-)

Offers tickbox option to install as a service.

When installed as a service, the computer is named Desktop under logitech apps.

Squeezelite binaries from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms...s/squeezelite/
    Service Manager from: https://nssm.cc/
    Installation information from this thread.
    Inno Setup Script ~ http://pastebin.com/LXcrNufx

Squeezelite installer for Windows attached -- squeezelite-1.8.5.808.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rtfmoz; 2016-11-06 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by fredphoesh View Post
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your tutorials... the first one worked great for me, but this one, when I reboot windows, the squeezelite is not showing in LMS. When I go to Windows Services, I see Squeezelite is PAUSED. When I try to start it, I get an error message saying
    "Unable to start service
    The operation could not be completed
    An instance of the service is already running"

Which is odd, since there is no "instance of the service" running! I do have SqueezePlay installed, but it is not running...

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mark.
    I have exactly the same problem on the latest Windows 10 builds. It worked without problems on older builds. I'm using Windows 10, version 1607, build 15025.1000 (rs_prerelease.170127-1750)

best regards,
    Dennis,