Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm trying to reproduce this problem by creating and saving a playlist on ipeng7 on my ipad. But I realize I need help with how to do that. I add some songs and streams to my now playing window in iPeng. Then at the top of the now playing window (on the right side of screen), I click the SAVE button, but all this does is blank out the playlist window and show a CANCEL button at the top. And I don't see a new playlist created anywhere. (Plus I was never given an option to name the playlist I was trying to create).

So what are the steps for creating a playlist via ipeng?

NEVERMIND. I was able to create a couple of playlists via ipeng (I only had the option to save and name when I didn't have the "pinned" active playlist). In any case, I created a couple of playlists via ipeng on LMS 7.8 with a combination of radio station streams and local tracks and all show up just fine in my playlist window, even after exiting ipeng and stopping it on my ipad then going back to ipeng and opening the playlists. So I can't reproduce your 7.8 playlist problem.
    Last edited by garym; 2014-02-03 at 07:31.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I'm trying to reproduce this problem by creating and saving a playlist on ipeng7 on my ipad. But I realize I need help with how to do that. I add some songs and streams to my now playing window in iPeng. Then at the top of the now playing window (on the right side of screen), I click the SAVE button, but all this does is blank out the playlist window and show a CANCEL button at the top. And I don't see a new playlist created anywhere. (Plus I was never given an option to name the playlist I was trying to create).

So what are the steps for creating a playlist via ipeng?

NEVERMIND. I was able to create a couple of playlists via ipeng (I only had the option to save and name when I didn't have the "pinned" active playlist). In any case, I created a couple of playlists via ipeng on LMS 7.8 with a combination of radio station streams and local tracks and all show up just fine in my playlist window, even after exiting ipeng and stopping it on my ipad then going back to ipeng and opening the playlists. So I can't reproduce your 7.8 playlist problem.
    With 7.8 I can create new playlists and they stick. It's all the playlists that were created on 7.7.3 that don't transfer to 7.8. Thanks for your efforts.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    With 7.8 I can create new playlists and they stick. It's all the playlists that were created on 7.7.3 that don't transfer to 7.8. Thanks for your efforts.
    I have several old playlists created on LMS (webGUI) in old versions of LMS and they all show up ok in ipeng and elsewhere. But I'm a bit confused. You say the old playlists don't "transfer to 7.8". I thought you said the playlists are there and will play OK, you just can't see the title/artist information (the track is there in playlist, but 'blank' display). Which is it?
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I have several old playlists created on LMS (webGUI) in old versions of LMS and they all show up ok in ipeng and elsewhere. But I'm a bit confused. You say the old playlists don't "transfer to 7.8". I thought you said the playlists are there and will play OK, you just can't see the title/artist information (the track is there in playlist, but 'blank' display). Which is it?
    Sorry I was not clear. You are right, the playlists do transfer over but the tracks/channels are not visible.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Sorry I was not clear. You are right, the playlists do transfer over but the tracks/channels are not visible.
    and remind me, the old created playlists don't have track names visible in 7.8. Is this in iPeng only, or in every interface (iPeng, on your player itself, in LMS webGUI). And are you using ipeng7 or the original ipeng?

and remind me, the old created playlists don't have track names visible in 7.8. Is this in iPeng only, or in every interface (iPeng, on your player itself, in LMS webGUI). And are you using ipeng7 or the original ipeng?
    It is an issue on all interfaces. I am using the original ipeng, but I have ipeng 7 available also.
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.

Thanks for the efforts to help me. I've gone back to 7.7.3 and all the tracks are now visible.
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.