Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPro View Post
    Thank you for this, Thomas. I was wondering, since the original Squeezeplug was made for plug units, if you would be able to resurrect a build for Pogoplug E02 along the lines of the defunct Sheevaplug?
    Sorry, I will only Support Raspberry Pi device at the moment! I like to keep things simple, so supporting different devices causes massive resources, I don't have! It may be, that I'll support Wandboard in future, because I tested it and it has impressive performance. Maybe it's an high end alternative to Raspberry Pi. But it costs 3 times the price of a Pi!

Thomas
    SqueezePlug & MAX2Play,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    1 x Onkyo TX-8050 DLNA ready receiver
    iPeng,

My Blog: Blog
    My Downloads: Downloads

Feel free to donate my SqueezePlug project: Donate, thanks a lot!

Hi Thomas! Thanks for the great product and continued support! I downloaded it last night and sent another contribution.

I have an issue with Squeezelite right now.
    For some reason when I try to play 96/24 files, they are stuttering and a bit slow. I removed the SD card with ver 7 and then used my SDCard with Squeezeplug V6 and they played fine. I tried the same settings that I used on ver 6, but I still have the same issue. I haven't really tried to trouble shoot it too much right now, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

When I use ver 6, I always enter this line command (for some reason I don't think that my /etc/default/squeezelite is being read, but that is another issue that can be resolved in another thread, or off-line):

squeezelite -n "RPi_Blue_92" -o "sysdefault:CARD=ALSA" -a "500:4" -m "my:ma:ca:dd:re:ss" &
    (where my actual mac address is used instead of ma:ca:dd:re:ss )

these are the lines in my /etc/default/squeezelite file:
    SLOPTIONS="-n RPi_Blue_92 -o sysdefault:CARD=ALSA -a 500:4"
    SBSHOST="192.168.1.156"
    SLMAC="my:ma:ca:dd:re:ss"

I had to modify the buffer rate to 300 to play 16/44.1 files using ver 7. 500 worked fine for ver 6 when playing 16/44.1. I tried several buffer rates for the 96/24 files using ver 7 and each failed.

The Raspberry Pi is connected to a Marantz receiver through HDMI and all settings on the receiver work fine when I play squeezelite ver 6 through the RPi.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Hi Thomas! Thanks for the great product and continued support! I downloaded it last night and sent another contribution.

I have an issue with Squeezelite right now.
    For some reason when I try to play 96/24 files, they are stuttering and a bit slow. I removed the SD card with ver 7 and then used my SDCard with Squeezeplug V6 and they played fine. I tried the same settings that I used on ver 6, but I still have the same issue. I haven't really tried to trouble shoot it too much right now, but I would appreciate any suggestions.

When I use ver 6, I always enter this line command (for some reason I don't think that my /etc/default/squeezelite is being read, but that is another issue that can be resolved in another thread, or off-line):

squeezelite -n "RPi_Blue_92" -o "sysdefault:CARD=ALSA" -a "500:4" -m "my:ma:ca:dd:re:ss" &
    (where my actual mac address is used instead of ma:ca:dd:re:ss )

these are the lines in my /etc/default/squeezelite file:
    SLOPTIONS="-n RPi_Blue_92 -o sysdefault:CARD=ALSA -a 500:4"
    SBSHOST="192.168.1.156"
    SLMAC="my:ma:ca:dd:re:ss"

I had to modify the buffer rate to 300 to play 16/44.1 files using ver 7. 500 worked fine for ver 6 when playing 16/44.1. I tried several buffer rates for the 96/24 files using ver 7 and each failed.

The Raspberry Pi is connected to a Marantz receiver through HDMI and all settings on the receiver work fine when I play squeezelite ver 6 through the RPi.
    Can you try with this option: -a ::::0

Thomas
    SqueezePlug & MAX2Play,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    iPeng,

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Sorry! The share is on the router usb - there's no way to change the user credentials. I'm stuck with the guest account.

Edit:

I've found that the following works to mount:

//192.168.1.1/share/usb1_1 /media/music cifs username=guest,password=,sec=ntlm
    Hi castalla, I checked this out, and yes you are right. It's the same here! Now I'm wondering whether it is a good idea to add the sec=HTML option by default. Does this work in every case? I hope someone is able to answer this question?!

Thomas
    SqueezePlug & MAX2Play,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    iPeng,

Quote Originally Posted by truehl View Post
    Can you try with this option: -a ::::0

Thomas

squeezelite -n "RPi_Blue_92" -o "sysdefault:CARD=ALSA" -a ::::0 -m "MY:MA:CAD:RE:SS" &

and unfortunately, the same output. Bursts of less than a second on the 24/96 flac files. Flac files from HDCD rips 24/44.1 play better, but there is much skipping and stuttering.

This is what displayed:

pi@RPiBlue92 ~ $ [16:49:56.311722] _write_frames:409 mmap_commit error
    [16:49:56.311946] _output_frames:228 error in write cb
    [16:50:06.311753] _write_frames:409 mmap_commit error
    [16:50:06.311975] _output_frames:228 error in write cb

Quote Originally Posted by truehl View Post
    Hi castalla, I checked this out, and yes you are right. It's the same here! Now I'm wondering whether it is a good idea to add the sec=HTML option by default. Does this work in every case? I hope someone is able to answer this question?!

Thomas
    Let's hope that someone else can check it out! I recall something similar for samba shares on Macs.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo,

first sorry for my bad english. It's not the best one

I've exactly the same problem like stereoptic. I can't play hight quality Flac-Files (96/24) with Squeezeplug 7 und SqueezeLite, with Squeezeplug 6.02 no problems with the same files. I've testes different buffer sizes für the SqueezeLite-Player, but nothing helps.

I think, the system is very busy! When i try to play the files the system is very slow. Try to access with putty to the raspberry, it is very slow to log in and to type commands.

Any Idea to solve the problem?

Auf Deutsch: Natürlich auch ein dickes Danke für das Squeezplug-System an Thomas. Ich hatte schon richtig Spaß auf den Backen, als ich die neue Version gesehen habe, aber leider kann ich in der Form nur zur 6.02 zurückgehen. Schade. Ich hoffe, Du bekommst das noch in den Griff.

Greetz
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Raspi View Post
    Hallo,

first sorry for my bad english. It's not the best one

I've exactly the same problem like stereoptic. I can't play hight quality Flac-Files (96/24) with Squeezeplug 7 und SqueezeLite, with Squeezeplug 6.02 no problems with the same files. I've testes different buffer sizes für the SqueezeLite-Player, but nothing helps.

I think, the system is very busy! When i try to play the files the system is very slow. Try to access with putty to the raspberry, it is very slow to log in and to type commands.

Any Idea to solve the problem?

Auf Deutsch: Natürlich auch ein dickes Danke für das Squeezplug-System an Thomas. Ich hatte schon richtig Spaß auf den Backen, als ich die neue Version gesehen habe, aber leider kann ich in der Form nur zur 6.02 zurückgehen. Schade. Ich hoffe, Du bekommst das noch in den Griff.

Greetz
    Michael
    Could you please try to overclock the Pi? You can do it from the advance menu!

Which version of SqueezeLite do you use on the Squeezeplug 6 version? We could try to use the same version on the 6 and the 7 version.

Thomas
    SqueezePlug & MAX2Play,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    iPeng,

I've permanently overclock to 800 mhz at 6.02 and 7. I've tried 900 mhz, but the same problem.

Where can i see, which Version of SqueezeLite is running on my system?

I think, it's the latest Version, cause i have it updated yesterday.

SqueezePlug Version 7.01 Patch released

Hi folks,
    I have made an important patch for version 7.00. Please install this patch it will remove some major bugs!

Name / File Category / Changes Date
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SqueezePlug Version 7.01 major patch 12.01.2014

- basic_menu.sh change needed to remove the donation hint
    - format.sh bug fixed, script did no format only partition
    - hostname.sh show the actual hostname as info
    - lib.sh added the option sec=ntlm to mount Samba Shares with kernel 3.8
    - main_menu.sh added 2 new functions for reboot and halt
    - network.sh shows some infos about the current network settings
    - player_menu.sh some text changed
    - remove_donation_hint.sh change needed to remove the donation hint
    - squeezelite.sh fixed a bug an added a new DAC
    - timezone.sh show the actual timezone and time as info
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by truehl; 2014-01-12 at 15:06.
    SqueezePlug & MAX2Play,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    iPeng,