Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

fixed

just reporting in that the replacement power supply fixed my issues. Everything is working great again.

Transporter power supply replacement

Thanks to this thread i was able to bring my Transporter back to life with the replacement power supply. Thanks to all for the help!

[QUOTE=_NK_;815543][So like I said here's the link for the replacement. Part number 85-2251.]

I'd just about given up trying to find anything about fixing my Transporter!

I've just placed an order with Rapid, thanks a lot.

One problem remains for me, I have the six base screws removed but can't work out how to get the case apart.

Update: I must remember not to work at equipment late at night! Totally missed the side screws, but saw them today at once.

I noticed the 500ma fuse was blackened so I replaced it and it blew again instantly. The PSU board does have a couple of dodgy looking surface mount components but no actual burn marks.

Hopefully the replacement board will sort things.
    Last edited by Juke; 2015-11-08 at 11:40. Reason: Update

Happy to report the new PSU has fixed my Transporter!

The replacement from Rapid looks much better built, the dead one looked like the solder had a disease and some SMT items not even placed right, I have never seen anything like it in a commercial product.

Thanks again.

Is this part (Part number 85-2251) compatible with US TP?

...or does the voltage change require me to find a US made 5v power supply?

Thank you for this thread, I'm optimistic about hearing my Transporter sing again.

Quote Originally Posted by kharo72 View Post
    ...or does the voltage change require me to find a US made 5v power supply?

Thank you for this thread, I'm optimistic about hearing my Transporter sing again.
    That PSU is "Universal Input" it will work anywhere in the world.

Be careful if you touch the wrong part of that board live it will bite !
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2015-12-15 at 15:59.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Running like new!!!

Thank you to all contributors to this thread, Transporter is back up and running. Rapid Electronics earned that name, ordered christmas eve, installed and running Monday the 28th.

Not sure if this caused the amp to blow or not, but prior to the TP giving out, the display response became terrible rolling 2 or 3 bars with every tap of the remote arrow. Turns out the electrical strip that connects to the display was loose, these two may be unrelated, but I have my doubts since the Display died 2 days after scroll issue.

Signing in to report my Transporter recently died without any warning. Fortunately I had this thread bookmarked from around a year ago in the knowledge the TP would probably fail at some stage.

Ordered the replacement PSU from Rapid Electronics as per the link provided and it arrived 45mins ago. Less than 5mins to reinstall and behold it's now working! Thanks to all who contributed here.

As a side note; outstanding customer service from Rapid Electronics.
    Ordered the PSU late afternoon on Friday 18/03/2016 using economy delivery. Expected the order to arrive by Thursday 24/03/2016 but no. Nothing over the Easter period (as expected), nor on Tuesday 29/03/2016.
    Called RE on Wednesday 30/03/2016 to confirm the PSU had been despatched (yes) and who would be delivering it (Royal Mail). Said I'd call again on the Friday if it hadn't arrived.
    Then without any prompting from me I received an email from Rapid Electronics yesterday to apologise for the delayed delivery and to confirm a free replacement was being despatched on a next-day delivery service.
    While there was no doubt RE would resend my order FOC, the fact they took the matter into their own hands impressed me.

also chiming in here

thanks to this thread I was also able to fix my beloved Transporter with very little effort and little money.
    After 7 years of daily use that little board apparantly gave up with the same symptoms; flickering display for some time upon usage of the remote control and then ..after a few days the display died.
    The transporter did do it's job however sonically but with out the display it is not easy to control it.

Thums up for tehis thread and also many stars to rapid electronic who has the part in stock - ordered it sunday afternoon online in the UK and the part arrived tuesday morning in Sweden - good job

If anyone would consider sending me their old (dead) PSU, please PM me. I have an interest in electronics that fail. Preferably someone who lives in a country where the shipping rates aren't too high. I'm in Canada.

TIA!

EDIT: Thanks to mkbrucetx for sending me his dead PSU.
    Last edited by Fizbin; 2016-07-11 at 01:26.