Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMuc2009 View Post
    Dear Jos,

so you didn't even touch the display, yet it is failing now? That is not the way displays go bad typically, they rather fade or sometimes the internal power supply for the display in the Boom fails which causes the display to never turn on.
    Maybe there is an easier way out for you. If the display can still show you stuff but it is distorted, a Xilinx reset or a factory reset might help.
    This page (at the bottom) has guides on how to do the reset: http://wiki.funkydojo.com/mediawiki/index.php/Squeezebox_Boom
    Please give this a try first and let us all know how it turned out. I can still take a direct look at the Boom if it stays distorted.

Regards
    Joe
    Thx for the reply. I tried factory & xilinx reset, but to no avail. Actually, only if I leave the power unplugged for long enough (say 2 minutes), the display show some distorted text that is halfway readable, however, after a few seconds nothing shows anymore. I'm able to get a few steps through the networking setup, but after I select wired or wireless, it seems to reboot, and doesn't react to anything anymore after that.

Hi All,

my boom is back alive, thanks to JoeMuc2009! He repaired the display and a few other things swiftly and with style :-).

Thanks Joe!

jos

MN16032G display

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMuc2009 View Post
    What you need is the Noritake MN16032G display. The "G" at the end is actually a version indicator and can differ, you are fine as long as it is a MN16032. They are hard to find anywhere on the web though.
    Where are you based? If it's somewhere in Europe, I can send you one for 40 EUR (including VAT) plus shipping. In the US, I used to recommend the Noritake sales office, however, they seem to have a ridiculous price model in the US so they would charge 80 USD plus tax plus shipping. So it's still cheaper if I send you a display from Germany.
    Hi Joe,

I just got a used Boom on eBay and it seems the display is burned. Noritake doesn't offer the MN16032G on their website any more. Would you have by any change a Boom display left that I could buy from you. I'm located in Berlin.

Regards,
    David