PDA

View Full Version : How do you protect the settings from unathorized changes?

New Daddy
2012-02-04, 08:04
My three-year-old daughter's frequent tinkering with my SB Boom is becoming problematic. She changes the language on an hourly basis. (As a result, I know how to revert the language back to English using menus in more than 10 different languages.) But of more serious concern is the frequent removal of the network info. Having to reconfigure the WAP2 info with the dial nob is no fun as anybody can attest.

Is there anyway to prevent unauthorized changes to the settings short of using the system lock code? (System lock code won't work for me.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=93381)

Mnyb
2012-02-04, 08:11
Are you using a local server (lms/sbs) ?

Do you have a phone app you can use.

Or if the delivered remote without numbers is good enough for you .

You could block the whole front-panel , maybe not the best solution... :-/

Or simply place the boom out of reach from 3y old :)

New Daddy
2012-02-04, 09:54
Are you using a local server (lms/sbs) ?

Do you have a phone app you can use.

Or if the delivered remote without numbers is good enough for you .

You could block the whole front-panel , maybe not the best solution... :-/

Or simply place the boom out of reach from 3y old :)

I have set up a local server and run it from time to time, but I mostly use MySB.com. It's just a way to conserve electricity (although my home server is on WOL), and with Rhapsody I can listen to almost any music on demand.

I have a phone app and an iPad app (iPeng), so I have no problem with blocking the whole front-panel! In fact, I'd like to do it! But it looks like it can only be done if you're running the local server.

I wish Logitech would incorporate this function into MySB.com.

Mnyb
2012-02-04, 23:14
I have set up a local server and run it from time to time, but I mostly use MySB.com. It's just a way to conserve electricity (although my home server is on WOL), and with Rhapsody I can listen to almost any music on demand.

I have a phone app and an iPad app (iPeng), so I have no problem with blocking the whole front-panel! In fact, I'd like to do it! But it looks like it can only be done if you're running the local server.

I wish Logitech would incorporate this function into MySB.com.

What happens if you do it when using it localy, andmthenmswitch to mysb.com ?

New Daddy
2012-02-05, 06:54
What happens if you do it when using it localy, andmthenmswitch to mysb.com ?

It works!!! You are a genius. Thanks.
I never would have thought that any configuration setting made from the local server would survive the server switching to MySB.com. What revelation.

virgiliomi
2012-02-06, 06:11
There are options to sync settings between local and MySB... however, you won't be able to change the setting on MySB. You'll need to switch back to your local server to change it back.