PDA

View Full Version : How to stream to Computer

cinemafx
2011-11-08, 14:47
I seem to remember a player than resembled my transporter which operated on my computer. This made streaming to computer possible. It's been a while since I tried this and quite sure the solution is easy. Could someone help me with this? I have always had squeezeserver running and now Media server. I just can't figure it out. Think it was called softsqueeze or is there another player that will do the same thing?
Thank you!

Rod
Transporter/duet/boom

garym
2011-11-08, 15:17
I seem to remember a player than resembled my transporter which operated on my computer. This made streaming to computer possible. It's been a while since I tried this and quite sure the solution is easy. Could someone help me with this? I have always had squeezeserver running and now Media server. I just can't figure it out. Think it was called softsqueeze or is there another player that will do the same thing?
Thank you!

Rod
Transporter/duet/boom

this was called softsqueeze and now is buried somewhere in 3rd party plugins. Be sure to check the box that says "show all 3rd party plugins". But a better option is SqueezePlay (you install on your computer and it can be a PLAYER or you can use it to CONTROL other players in your system). Find it here at bottom of page:
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=7.7

pski
2011-11-08, 15:40
Thank you!

Rod
Transporter/duet/boom

softsqueeze has the advantage of easy remote install from the music server.

Be sure to install the java mp3 plugin from here to improve the sound.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/download-137625.html

Rather than the Transporter skin, I use the SB3 interface and the excellent SuperDateTime plugin.

Controlling other players from a PC is not necessary when you have the webUI and SqueezePlay has some networking issues.

cinemafx
2011-11-08, 18:56
Thanks for you help. I don't see Softsqueeze in plugins list. I installed squeezeplay but it will not stream Rhapsody and thats what I would like to do. I have installed Softsqueeze and it also wont run Rhapsody? It wants squeezebox2 or higher. Any ideas?

Mnyb
2011-11-08, 20:08
Thanks for you help. I don't see Softsqueeze in plugins list. I installed squeezeplay but it will not stream Rhapsody and thats what I would like to do. I have installed Softsqueeze and it also wont run Rhapsody? It wants squeezebox2 or higher. Any ideas?

I can't use raphsody from where I live , but some services requires actuall hardware squeezeboxes. Maybe raphsody is one of them.