PDA

View Full Version : How to switch from MySB.com to SBS, when MySB.com is down...?

OppfinnarJocke
2010-12-31, 04:29
Lately, here in Northern Europe, MySB.com accessibility has been scarce, to say the least. When MySB.com goes inaccessible, I have found no way to switch to SBS. All I get from SBS is "Your player was not found", while my Duet controller cannot serve me anything useful, I only get the revolving wheel on the "Connecting to mysqueezebox.com" page.

But I cannot believe the whole system relies on MySB.com so extensively, so there's gotta be a way to switch the player to SBS even when MySB.com is inaccessible, right?

So, can anyone tell me how, please?

Thanx and Happy New Year...

Mnyb
2010-12-31, 04:41
Ways to do it on the controller

If the server is up and running choose "my music" on the controller that should trigger a switch to the local server where "my (your) music" is.

or go to settings > advanced > networking

here you should see a swith to mysqueezebox.com or < your server > depending on whaere you are .

If you aint got serverdiscovery working (port 3483) you can punch in the ip for the server in "remote libraries"

OppfinnarJocke
2010-12-31, 07:05
Ways to do it on the controller

If the server is up and running choose "my music" on the controller that should trigger a switch to the local server where "my (your) music" is.

or go to settings > advanced > networking

here you should see a swith to mysqueezebox.com or < your server > depending on whaere you are .

If you aint got serverdiscovery working (port 3483) you can punch in the ip for the server in "remote libraries"

Thanks. Will try that next time my player is attached to MySB.com and MySB goes down. Won't be too far away in time I predict based on the behavior of MySB.com during the recent weeks.

Happy New year

Mnyb
2010-12-31, 07:09
Thanks. Will try that next time my player is attached to MySB.com and MySB goes down. Won't be too far away in time I predict based on the behavior of MySB.com during the recent weeks.

Happy New year

it's down right now , but you might already be on the local server. better run local files for new years eve.
Spotify will probably work and for that the local server is needed (with the plugin).