PDA

View Full Version : New User - Connection to SqueezeBox Issues - Struggling with Support

nh001
2010-09-29, 09:47
Had the system now for about 2 weeks. Player is hard wired to WR2000 Netgear router. All works internally - can link to Napster, steam live radio. However, sometimes I take the laptop (where Squeezebox server installed) but understood should work without a PC?

Have been speaking to support as on SB web site neither the player or SB ever show as being connected. Support have suggested its a router issue and to open some ports (no MAC filtering as they also suggested but hardwired anyway). Tried this (but not sure why as all ports open) but this didn't make a difference.

- Is there anything else I can try.
- Am I right in saying that when devices are connectd will stream from internet without the server? If not what is the reason why would need to be connected.

Also - what should I see on the SB site under "My Music" tab? Should this show my local library content?

Any help appreciated.

toby10
2010-09-29, 10:16
- Am I right in saying that when devices are connectd will stream from internet without the server? If not what is the reason why would need to be connected.....

Yes.

When on MySB:
My Music on MySB UI will only show you where to download the SBS server program.
My Music on your player will offer to switch you back to your SBS server.
No access to your local music if your player is on MySB.

MySB will not show a player as "connected" if that player is connected to your SBS.
Only when the player is directly connected too (and only too) MySB will MySB show that player as connected.

aubuti
2010-09-29, 10:25
Have been speaking to support as on SB web site neither the player or SB ever show as being connected. Support have suggested its a router issue and to open some ports (no MAC filtering as they also suggested but hardwired anyway). Tried this (but not sure why as all ports open) but this didn't make a difference.

- Is there anything else I can try.
How are you trying to connect to mysqueezebox.com? Just turning off your laptop won't do it. You need to explicitly change the server from the local SBS on your laptop to mysqueezebox.com.

Also, your reading of the ports situation doesn't sound right. If _all_ your ports are open then you are just begging for an attack.

nh001
2010-09-30, 05:33
Just received this from support.

Thank you for your email.

We're currently in the process of migrating our servers to a new platform that will provide us with more bandwidth and responsiveness. The issue you are experiencing is a bug in Mysqueezebox.com that is causing players to lose connection.

In the meantime, installing Squeezebox Server on a pc in your home and using it as your Music Source, allows for a more reliable streaming experience.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Kind regards,