PDA

View Full Version : receiver issues

divisionbell77
2010-04-07, 10:30
It is stuck at a red flashing button(slow, not fast). Been there for over 3/4 of a day.

I went to do a factory reset and it does not seem to want to take.

I have rebooted by pulling power, started the factory reset again, etc.

For some reason I believe there is a step missing from the manual, which onyl states to hold the button until it begins flashign red fast then slow, but never tells when to release.

When is the proper release time?

maggior
2010-04-07, 10:36
While the red light is flashing, you need to use the controller to configure it. If I remember correctly, you need to go into "choose player" and you will see the flashing player listed either by name or the MAC address. Follow the menus to configure it and you should be good to go.

divisionbell77
2010-04-07, 12:07
While the red light is flashing, you need to use the controller to configure it. If I remember correctly, you need to go into "choose player" and you will see the flashing player listed either by name or the MAC address. Follow the menus to configure it and you should be good to go.

No player found. Also, via the server, no player found. Forgot to add that, sorry.

maggior
2010-04-07, 12:29
Have you power cycled the controller while the player has a flashing red light? When resetting my player, I've found that I had to do this sometimes. Once you've done that, it should show up in the list of "players" on the controller.

It will not show up to your server until it is configured - meaning until the red light is no longer flashing.

aubuti
2010-04-07, 19:05
For some reason I believe there is a step missing from the manual, which onyl states to hold the button until it begins flashign red fast then slow, but never tells when to release.

When is the proper release time?
Re-read your post and you'll see the answer. Hold the button UNTIL it begins flashing fast red. Then release.