PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Remote and Boom Displaying wrong time

RonDMC
2010-03-28, 00:54
My Duet remote is showing 3pm when it is actually 7pm and the boom is showing 9pm. I have selected the correct timezone in the advanced settings of the duet and gone through all the settings I can find. I have reset the Duet back to default and even had to reinstall the Squeezebox server software on my Homeserver (due to a different issue) so only thing left is an online setting somewhere or a setting I have missed in both the duet and boom.

Can anyone please help me?

Cheers

Mnyb
2010-03-28, 01:14
What is the time on the home server ?

squeezeboxes get their time from the server, if connected to that.

or mysqueezebox.com if conected that way ( there is time zone setings on mysqueezebox.com for each player).

RonDMC
2010-03-28, 01:41
Homeserver had incorrect time had to do a reinstall as my primary drive in the Homeserver failed not long ago and had the wrong timezone, didn't notice because I always use the console from my desktop PC, thanks for your help.

I have already asked one silly question so may as well ask another how do you save a playlist? I know how to add songs to the currently playing list but whats the easiest way to manage and save playlists, I haven't been able to work it out yet.

Mnyb
2010-03-28, 01:54
Homeserver had incorrect time had to do a reinstall as my primary drive in the Homeserver failed not long ago and had the wrong timezone, didn't notice because I always use the console from my desktop PC, thanks for your help.

I have already asked one silly question so may as well ask another how do you save a playlist? I know how to add songs to the currently playing list but whats the easiest way to manage and save playlists, I haven't been able to work it out yet.

On the controller scroll down to the bottom off the currently playing list, there you have a save icon and a clear icon.

In the web interface you have them down in the right corner of the screen.

Note that you have to have a "Playlist folder" set in sbs in the web interface go to settins > basic and pick a folder you want to use for them.
As you have sbs running on a server make sure that sbs can read and write to the folder you use.
I have a playlist folder inside my music folder for example.

RonDMC
2010-03-28, 02:23
Thanks very much for your help, much apprecaited.

Got a playlist setup.

khoadley
2010-03-28, 15:29
I've got a related problem.

I've got two Classics, a Duet and a Radio all hanging off a FreeBSD server. The server has the correct time and timezone (GMT/BST - UK), and the various players normally follow this without a problem. However last night Daylight Savings Time kicked in over here in the UK, and whilst the Radio and the Duet controller picked up the extra hour without a problem (as did the server), the two Classics are both stuck on GMT minus DST, and so are an hour slow.

I can't seem to find any settings, either on the server or the Classics that look relevant, so any suggestions ?