PDA

View Full Version : Ripping DVD Audio

Philip Meyer
2010-01-23, 10:58
I'd like to extract some audio from a DVD-A disc. Looking around, it appears that I need to get DVDAExplorer, but I don't know where I can get the latest version (alpha 11?).

Has anyone got a decent working version of the program they could upload somewhere?

Thanks,
Phil

Aurumer
2010-01-23, 11:33
You can try Foobar2000 and foo_input_dvda-Plugin.

Phil Leigh
2010-01-23, 14:17
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-Audio_Explorer

Philip Meyer
2010-01-23, 15:50
>You can try Foobar2000 and foo_input_dvda-Plugin.
Thanks - didn't realise there was a Foobar plugin. Nice.

I'm trying to rip King Crimson's Red album (40th Anniversary Series). It says it has:

1. MLP (24/96)
2. PCM Sereo (24/48)
3. MLP Lossless 5.1 Surround
4. DTS 5.1 Digital Surround

I managed to rip (2) and (4) using DVD Audio Extractor, but it doesn't split into chapters or create cue sheets :-(

I've now ripped (1) and (3) using Foobar + DVD-A plugin, but can't figure out how to find and rip (2) and (4) in Foobar.

I tried to play (3) on my Transporter, in the format it was ripped. Doesn't play; no errors reported. Do I need to change the format for it to be carried through the player?

Philip Meyer
2010-01-23, 15:51
>http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD-Audio_Explorer
Thanks - I saw that page, but dismissed it as legitimate, because the "authors site" link went to some generic file sharing site.

I'll give it a go though.

emalvick
2010-01-25, 11:17
>

I managed to rip (2) and (4) using DVD Audio Extractor, but it doesn't split into chapters or create cue sheets :-(

I've now ripped (1) and (3) using Foobar + DVD-A plugin, but can't figure out how to find and rip (2) and (4) in Foobar.

I tried to play (3) on my Transporter, in the format it was ripped. Doesn't play; no errors reported. Do I need to change the format for it to be carried through the player?

As an aside here, I used to rip DVD's for audio files (concerts, etc). As far as getting the chapter splits, there used to be a program out there that would take a cue sheet (There were a few intermediate steps) and break the file up. It was a basic excel spreadsheet with a Macro to take into account the varying frame rates that different DVD formats may be written in.

This was years ago, but I imagine at the worst, that would still be around and usable. If you are interested in it, let me know. I still have the files, I just haven't used them in a while (haven't ripped a DVD in a while).

Aurumer
2010-01-25, 12:29
>You can try Foobar2000 and foo_input_dvda-Plugin.
Thanks - didn't realise there was a Foobar plugin. Nice.

Last time I used Foobar I made a right click on the audio tracks and converted them directly to FLAC. My Sqeezebox had no problems to play this files.

Wirrunna
2010-02-16, 19:26
Here is a simple 2 step process using DVD Decrypter and Foobar
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=75810&view=findpost&p=666083

You can get DVD Decrypter from www.doom9.org