PDA

View Full Version : Please read if you are having Duet problems following todays upgrade

rtitmuss
2009-09-29, 02:19
We are investigating why some customers are having problems registering Duet on MySqueezebox.com following todays upgrade. If you are having problems please check:

If you were running the 7.4 beta Squeezebox Server you must upgrade to the released version.
Please verify your username and password work correctly at http://www.mysqueezebox.com.

Please post to this thread with the following information:

The exact error message you are seeing when the login fails.
On the Account Registration screen please press and hold the left button, this will return to the home menu. Then go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics, and post the following information:

Firmware version
mysqueezebox.com IP
mysqueezebox.com registration
Squeezebox Server

While we are working on a fix, you could try:

Try rebooting your Controller, and trying the registration again.
Factory reset your Controller (turn off the Controller, and press + while powering on).

If you are still having problem you can PM me your username and/or MAC address (from the Diagnostics page) and I will investigate further.

Thanks,
Richard

spiffin
2009-09-29, 04:49
Hello Richard

I initially had a problem registering my Duet on mysqueezebox.com after upgrading to 7.4 today.

Then, after resetting my controller, I now seem to be registered but cannot connect to my music source (Squeezebox Server 7.4 running on a ReadyNAS NV+) and so My Music is empty (as are playlists etc).

My details are:

firmware version: 7.4.0 r7790

mysqueezebox IP: 89.202.121.131

mysqueezebox.com registration: Registered

Squeezebox server: 192.168.1.66

If you need any more info, please ask.

Thanks,

Simon

mherger
2009-09-29, 04:59
Simon,

> Then, after resetting my controller, I now seem to be registered but
> cannot connect to my music source (Squeezebox Server 7.4 running on a
> ReadyNAS NV+) and so My Music is empty (as are playlists etc).

How large is your collection? After the update to 7.4 Squeezebox Server will start a complete scan of your collection. Depending on the size of your collection this might take several hours to complete. During this time Squeezebox Server on the ReadyNAS is not reachable. Give it some time. It will very likely be available in a bit.

epoch1970
2009-09-29, 06:10
Michael,
I have installed 2 debian/linux machines. One with beta, upgraded to 7.4.0 today, another moved from 7.3.3 to 7.4.0 today (so: "stable" to "stable").

- Neither did rescan the DB. The rescan was limited to playlists or something. That gave me 0 albums, 0 songs each time. I have little playlists. I had to launch a full rescan.
- On debian the prefs or plugins are not migrated. I don't use that many plugins, it took some doing but went well.

I have a good feeling about 7.4; With a good how-to for the migration process, I'd recommend readily it to anyone running 7.3.
(and of course especially to Duet owners)

TysonL
2009-09-29, 07:52
My Duet was one with troubles last night (couldn't recognize my account or let me do anything else). I powered it off before bed.

This morning, powered it on, and it came up with a screen to confirm it was registered to my account.

Quick test shows it to be working now.

geordie73
2009-09-29, 11:17
"Factory reset your Controller (turn off the Controller, and press + while powering on)."

propup
2009-09-29, 14:21
This one was easily resolved with duet controller factory reset but may be worth mentioning:

I Updated my server to Squeezebox Server (7.4)
I then updated one of my SB3 classics FW when prompted and connecting to my server. Note: I was using IR remote only

Later, grabbed Duet controller and saw a couple things:
-The Duet controller only saw the updated SB3, not the other which was still on older firmware. The Squeezebox Server appeared to be accessible but:

-I could not get to squeezebox.com. When I tried to switch to squeezebox.com I got following message:

uuid/mac mismatch, unable to register player
Go back

-I could not update the firmware manually. I only had "cancel" option

As mentioned, a factory reset of the duet remote controller solved all issues. It would be better NOT to have to do that, but it did clear up all issues for me.

cheaptrick9
2009-09-29, 18:30
I upgraded to the new squeezebox server 7.4 today and all is well while using it, however I mostly used my duet through Squeezenetwork and that is my problem here. I am able to login to mysqueezebox.com and my controller and player are there but the are showing as disconnected. I have blue lights on the SBC and SBR when the computer running SS7.4 is off.

1. SBC Firmware = 7.4.0 r7790
2. mysqueezebox.com IP = 66.150.114.115
3. mysqueezebox.com registration = registered
4. Squeezebox Server = 192.168.1.102
Also, noticed the following under diagnostics, not sure this helps:
Ping = Can't ping
TCP Port 3483 = Can't connect
TCP Port 9000 = Can't connect

jbart1965
2009-09-29, 18:42
I used the beta version of 7.4 and also created a new account after running into difficulties with the old one. In both cases, I either could not connect a device - it was grayed out as disconnected - or I could not connect to SqueezeNetwork (or mysqueezebox).

The solution was to go into my old account and disconnect and delete any players listed. Ditto for the test.squeezebox site for the 7.4 beta version. After that, my players showed up right away or after I pushed the button to reset them.

MeSue
2009-09-29, 20:37
If you are still having problem you can PM me your username and/or MAC address (from the Diagnostics page) and I will investigate further.

Thanks,
Richard

I can't PM you. It says I'm not allowed.

Anyway... Since updating to the release 7.4, when I go to My Apps, I am getting this message on all my players except my PB1 beta Radio and Controller as a player.

This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone, ask them to delete the player from their account and try again. If not, please contact support@slimdevices.com for assistance.

Here is the info for each of the players:

Player Model: boom
Firmware: 50
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:00:28
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:01:c6
Player Model: receiver
Firmware: 65
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:16:28:28
Player Model: baby
Firmware: 7.4.0-r7790
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:26:03:49

Player Model: fab4
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:22:00:8a

bestman
2009-09-29, 22:50
I upgraded to the new squeezebox server 7.4 today and all is well while using it, however I mostly used my duet through Squeezenetwork and that is my problem here. I am able to login to mysqueezebox.com and my controller and player are there but the are showing as disconnected. I have blue lights on the SBC and SBR when the computer running SS7.4 is off.

1. SBC Firmware = 7.4.0 r7790
2. mysqueezebox.com IP = 66.150.114.115
3. mysqueezebox.com registration = registered
4. Squeezebox Server = 192.168.1.102
Also, noticed the following under diagnostics, not sure this helps:
Ping = Can't ping
TCP Port 3483 = Can't connect

Before upgrading I actually connected to SN through SC (I think) but after upgrade I get the same diagnostics:

Ping = Can't ping

I can connect to my SC just fine BUT my duet cant connect to MySB anymore since after the upgrade. How do I resolve the port issue to duet can connect to MySB? The port issue is all I can put my finger on as the reason can't connect to MySB for now.

Slim Pickins
2009-09-30, 00:46
I am using a Controller with an SB2. Here is my problem:

I cannot switch to mysqueezebox.com (MSC) using the Controller (SBC). There simply is no option to on any menu or sub-menu. I can only switch using the IR remote on the SB2. If I do, the Controller can make selections from MSC - basically piggybacking on the SB2. However, the SBC does not show up as a player on the MSC website - only the SB2 does.

If I then go to My Music through SBC, it warns me that play will stop, and if I continue, I am switched to my Squeezebox Server. The SB2 follows and is switched too.

Once there, again, I cannot switch back to MSC except through the SB2 interface using the infrared remote. There is no option in Switch Library, or anywhere else, on the controller to connect to MSC.

If I kill the server, then neither the SB2 nor the SBC "flip over" to MSC automatically. The only way to MSC then is - again - through SB2, which does it for both devices.

Diagnostic Stuff
===================

If I am on MSC (piggyback style), the controller diagnostics shows I am registered to MSC and can ping all, but am not connected to Squeezebox Server and cannot ping any.

If I am on the server, controller diagnostics shows I am connected to both MCS and the Server and can ping both, all ports. I can also access all apps and select & play through them, although MSC shows that no player is connected. Also, Squeeze Server in this state only shows the SB2 as a connected (recognized) device. It does not show the SBC as a connected device.

When connected to MSC, the squeeze server shows no devices connected to it.

Upgrade on everything seemed to go fine. I had to factory reset the controller to force a firmware upgrade. Had to reboot that install to get past the register dialog (froze the first time), but then OK.

My setup: SB2 Firmware 130, Squeeze Server 7.4.0-r28672, Controller Firmware 7.4.0 r7790. Squeeze Server is installed on WHS (Acer box), as a regular install (not the .msi install). The WHS box is connected to the wireless LAN through a hardwired connection to the SB2 with bridging on. It is this last piece I suspect the most, but not sure why that should make any difference at all.

The SB2 has a 'fixed' IP, and the SBC and the WHS both have DHCP assigned IPs.

Kibo
2009-09-30, 01:05
Anyway... Since updating to the release 7.4, when I go to My Apps, I am getting this message on all my players except my PB1 beta Radio and Controller as a player.

This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone, ask them to delete the player from their account and try again. If not, please contact support@slimdevices.com for assistance.
I was getting the same message until I switched the music source to mysqueezebox.com under Networking.

nietgiftig
2009-09-30, 03:25
As stated above, i can't connect to mysqueezebox.com.
I have updated my server software and that works with some strange behaviour.
But that is not my first concern

The questions in the first post :

* Please verify your username and password work correctly at mysqueezebox.com.

Have done this, it works

Please post to this thread with the following information:
* The exact error message you are seeing when the login fails.

I hear a beep and the screen makes a little movement

* On the Account Registration screen please press and hold the left button, this will return to the home menu. Then go to Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics, and post the following information:
1. Firmware version
7.4.0 r7790
2. mysqueezebox.com IP
3. mysqueezebox.com registration
Registered
4. Squeezebox Server
Not connected (that's normal, i don't use my own server all the time and its off)
I've had the same problem with my server on

* Try rebooting your Controller, and trying the registration again.

Done that several times, nothing changes

* Factory reset your Controller (turn off the Controller, and press + while powering on).
Done that 2 times to no avail

I've more strange results when i use my own server, but i will keep that out this thread and start a new one as soon as i can use my duet normal

thanks for listening to my problem

Tom Wadzinski
2009-09-30, 06:14
I hear a beep and the screen makes a little movement.

A couple of questions to help narrow it down:
What screen are you on when this occurs?
What words are on the screen?
Is this the first screen that appears when you after the "Free your Music" screen?

Ramage
2009-09-30, 06:39
I had same problems when I first upgraded to 7.4.

Duet worked OK when first connected to MySB and FW updates took place on both the rcvr and Controller. I then connected the Rcvr to a 7.4 server and that worked OK, but I couldn't then reconnect to MySB!

Diagnostics indicated a connection to MySB and a good ping, but I could not reconnect.

Decided to reconnect to a 7.3.4 server, which downgraded the FW and I regained full control. Switched to MySB and FW was once again updated and connection to My SB worked OK.

I am now able to switch from MySB to server and back without problem.

Apologies for being long winded, but problem solved.

MeSue
2009-09-30, 07:01
I tried a factory reset and still have this issue.

Since updating to the release 7.4, when I go to My Apps, I am getting this message on all my players except my PB1 beta Radio and Controller as a player.

Here is the info for each of the players:

Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:00:28
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:01:c6
Player Model: receiver
Firmware: 65
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:16:28:28
Player Model: baby
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:26:03:49

Player Model: fab4
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:22:00:8a

nietgiftig
2009-09-30, 14:05
A couple of questions to help narrow it down:
What screen are you on when this occurs?
What words are on the screen?
Is this the first screen that appears when you after the "Free your Music" screen?

First thanks for replying

I have taken the squeezebox out of the trashbin where i put it because I find that music must be a joyfull experience and that was not the case anymore with this upgrade. (also my family remembered me of the price of the Duet)

After the 2 hour fight yesterday to get it working I have put it today through the same routines as i did yesterday.
And suddenly after 2 tries it was working again (sort of).

I can switch most of the times between my own and the Logitech server, not always.

Because English is not my native language it would take me to long to describe not consistant working features.
I see more post's appearing with same problems wich i see occuring with my Duet on an not regular basis.

I think it has your attention.

I will respond to the other threads when usefull for the issues I find.

Thanks for taking notice of my problem.

MeSue
2009-10-01, 10:49
Well, I'm still hosed. Wrote to support yesterday morning, but no response yet. Question Reference #091001-000031

Anoop M.
2009-10-01, 13:04
Well, I'm still hosed. Wrote to support yesterday morning, but no response yet. Question Reference #091001-000031

I have put your ticket in the hands of Julius. You should be getting an email shortly.

MeSue
2009-10-01, 14:53
I have put your ticket in the hands of Julius. You should be getting an email shortly.

Thanks. I got a response that it was being sent to tier 2.

cheaptrick9
2009-10-01, 17:33
Called Logitech support. Waited on hold for 30 minutes. Tech support was friendly and courteous. He guided me through a factory reset of the SBR and SBC. After that I had to enter my email and password for MSB.com and soon thereafter sweet Susanna Hoffs was blasting through the stereo. When I originally went through the upgrade I was never given the option to enter email/password so that must have been my problem all along.

Club1820
2009-10-01, 21:33

I am having the same issue after updating to 7.4 and then updating the controller. "My Apps" seemed ok before updating the controller.

"This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone, ask them to delete the player from their account and try again. If not, please contact support@slimdevices.com for assistance."

MeSue, please let us know what Support says as others are probably having the same issue.

Thanks!

petrkupka
2009-10-02, 00:15
Hello,

after i did update to 7.4. (this tuesday) I can not display content of my Music Folder. This is very unfortunable. I see the item Music Folder but when I want to see the content it happen nothing.
I have 1 controller and 4 SB Duet

munster
2009-10-02, 01:25
Since updating, squeezebox server won't find my controller and I cannot load music into the playlist thru the server, only the handset.

mherger
2009-10-02, 02:16
This is most likely one of the following two bugs:

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13892
https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14444

Please update the one that fits you most. Thanks!

bifftannen
2009-10-02, 04:01
Hi, I am having the same problem with the :- "This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone, ask them to delete the player from their account and try again. If not, please contact support@slimdevices.com for assistance."

Has anyone got an answer for this yet?

bifftannen
2009-10-02, 05:58
Hi,
I am also having the problem where it says "This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone, ask them to delete the player from their account and try again. If not, please contact support@slimdevices.com for assistance."

Has anyone got an answer for this yet please?

Lactic
2009-10-03, 02:18
Hi All,
I have quite the same problem here.
My squeezbox v2/3 is correctly reconized by mysqueezbox.com but my squeezebox Duet is not ...

I have attached a screenshot about what happen in mysqueezebox.com control panel. U will see that the duet is partially reconized as "Platine" instead of its real name "Salon".
By the way, I have of course the "my apps" bug too :
This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone, ask them to delete the player from their account and try again. If not, please contact support for assistance.

In the other hand my Squeezbox V2/3 is working properly.

I hope slimdevices team will find something for this duet bug...

Diagnosis page :
Firmware Version
7.4.0 r7790
Hardware Version
MAC Address
00:04:20:1a:38:49
Ping OK
TCP 3483 OK
TCP 9000 OK
mysqueezbox.com registration
Registered

ggultoprak
2009-10-03, 11:29
1) 7.4.0r7790
2) 89.202.121.131
3) Registered
4) 192.168.1.80

When I click "My Apps", I get:

"This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone, ask them to delete the player from their account and try again. If not, please contact support@slimdevices.com for assistance."

Please help

ggultoprak
2009-10-03, 11:33
1) 7.4.0r7790
2) 89.202.121.131
3) Registered
4) 192.168.1.80

Error message when My Apps is clicked:
This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from....

I cannot switch to mysquezebox.com.

Please help/

jh901
2009-10-03, 12:27
7.4.1 (version from last night for ReadyNAS Duo- 10/2)

Firmware seemed to update on each of my two receivers. Rescan of Dbase was successful.

But my CONTROLLER is unable to perform the firmware upgrade.

Please advise.

MeSue
2009-10-03, 13:10
Those of you still having the message "This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone..."

You might want to try what finally worked for me. Shut down your server and rename your server.prefs file. (On my machine it was in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Squeezebox\prefs)

Then restart squeezebox server and try going to My Apps on all your players. If it works, you will have to re-do all your server settings, but your plugins should all be unchanged, and you won't need to wait through a full rescan.

If it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell ya...

Now the only player I still get this message on is my Touch, but since that is still in beta, I am thinking it's not set up to connect to mysqueezebox.com yet.

ggultoprak
2009-10-03, 14:46
Those of you still having the message "This player is already registered to another user. If it was purchased from someone..."

You might want to try what finally worked for me. Shut down your server and rename your server.prefs file. (On my machine it was in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Squeezebox\prefs)

Then restart squeezebox server and try going to My Apps on all your players. If it works, you will have to re-do all your server settings, but your plugins should all be unchanged, and you won't need to wait through a full rescan.
If it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell ya...

it didn't work for me.

Svanur
2009-10-04, 02:17
After updating to Squeezebox Server (v7.4.0 - r28672) and updating the controller (v7.4.0 r7790) I've found out that, when you want to play one song, and press either the round button or the play button, it plays the whole album where the song is comming from. That was not with the older version. Am I doing something wrong? When I go to search for example an artist and play a selected song it does exactly the same, it plays the whole album where the song is comming from. Really strange because I just want to play that selected song. I found out that, when you click the + button, then I can play that. Is this by design?

Furthermore I've noticed (after the update) that the battery is really quick empty and recharging goes really quick but then again the battery drains down quick again. Maybe it is coincidence in combination with the update but it just started like that.

Any idea if the battery is just totally finished? What will it cost to buy a new one?

Hope I get some info from you people out there, thanks in advance.

Svanur.

Svanur
2009-10-04, 02:34
Oops, found that setting on the server about playing.... was too quick to post... now only about the battery.

mariando
2009-10-04, 03:23
I have a Squeezebox Duet and I'm wondering whether anyone is
having problems switching from Squeezebox server to Squeezebox.com.

I do not get the automatic message to connect to Squeezebox.com after disconnecting from Squeezebox server. When I try to switch manually using the option on the home menu the response is erratic. A couple of times it has switched but on two occasions it has been impossible to switch and the only solution was to remove the Squeezebox server software from the computer. I have uninstalled and re-installed Squzeezebox server several times and done a factory reset on the controller numerous times but the problem keeps occurring.
Any ideas?

mi6
2009-10-04, 05:02

I do not get the automatic message to connect to Squeezebox.com after disconnecting from Squeezebox server. When I try to switch manually using the option on the home menu the response is erratic. A couple of times it has switched but on two occasions it has been impossible to switch and the only solution was to remove the Squeezebox server software from the computer. I have uninstalled and re-installed Squzeezebox server several times and done a factory reset on the controller numerous times but the problem keeps occurring.
Any ideas?

I have the same problem, among others. Done controller and receiver factory resets for more than 5 times because once you fail to hit "set up receiver" after the reset, you cannot connect it with mysqeezebox.com without another controller factory reset.

Once I managed, after hitting the "connect to mysb.com" on the home menu (of which the option to be displayed i only sometimes find on the settings menu), it works as long as I have my squeeze server running. once I switch it off, hitting that menu button usually results in some sort of denying "shudder" of the button.

This morning, I tried to just go into last.fm without the server running, and it worked.

I will now try and see what happens once I restart the server and switch it off again. Keep you posted.

I'm close to throwing that thing out, though. There are numerous bugs that are pretty annoying. Maybe we should start several threads, one for each problem. There are too many different problems stated here and it starts getting confusing.

mariando
2009-10-04, 09:17
Yes my problem is exactly the same and because I'm in europe there isn't even any tech support until tomorrow, at which time I will be promptly sending Logitech an email. I have reloaded Squeezebox server again and at the moment I can at least switch from Squeezebox server to Squeezebox. com manually, but for how long.
Like you I have to make the switch whilst Squeezebox server is still running or I get the same 'shudder' you describe.
Keep me posted if you get any further insights.

utahsnow
2009-10-04, 10:05
My Duet worked fine for two days after the upgrade. Then, I got blue LED status on both the player and the controller. I powered down the player and powered back on and got a white LED.

The controller, however, would not connect to my Wi-Fi network. When I asked to to search for available networks, it couldn't find one, even though other devices could connect to the network and the controller was within 10 feet of the access point. Finally, after reading other posts here, I did a reset to factory settings and went to the network setup. At that point, it found and connected to the Wi-Fi network just fine.

Rob van der Does
2009-10-04, 11:03

Exactly the same here. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it does not work at all.
Sometimes on the SC screen the option "MySqueezeBox.com" is available (in the pull down menu were you can choose a system). Once MySB is chosen, everything works fine. After that I shut down the server.
But: sometimes the Receiver and/or the controller get disconnected (after some time asleep): reconnecting to MySB is not always possible (in that case I restart SCenter and go through the above procedure again.
Time for a fix!

Altec
2009-10-06, 17:36
I am pretty pissed that Logitech releases this buggy 7.4 upgrade (although it looks very nice...) and then close down their email support at the same time (August 30 until October 12!). I got the worst, rude customer support ever, when I called Logitech here in Denmark so I am not going to waste time on them again. I bought this duet 2 weeks ago and have had so many problems - it seems that I can connect to mysqueezebox.com but at the same time it says that I am not registered (but I am). A person from Logitech opened a thread about this problem and said to PM him but he doesn't allow PM - great!

iisfaq
2009-10-06, 21:52
No good for me either.

7.3.3 working fine
7.4 terrible
7.5 terrible

Now interesting I went from 7.3.3 to 7.5 directly (nightly build) and there was no update for the controller. So I was technically running 7.3 on the controller with 7.5 on the server and no glitches.

As soon as I installed 7.4 over the top and then installed 7.5 I got a prompt to update the controller and it is terrible.

I use the controller to listen to music every night at the moment in bed. I can not live with glitches every few seconds let alone ever.

So back to 7.3.3 for me again

chris

DragonSteve
2009-10-07, 01:01
For me the same , I'm thinking of going back to the 7.3 also.
7.3.3 worked fine for months!
And since 7.4 it most of the time doesn't work , connection lost , strange behaviour on controller, now playing says it's playing but no sound... missing menu item's now and then , language in browse area of internet radio changes from dutch to german and back again.

I like the GUI of 7.4 , but sound comming out of my speaker is much nicer...

mherger
2009-10-07, 02:19
> (but I am). A person from Logitech opened a thread about this problem
> and said to PM him but he doesn't allow PM - great!

Maye he meant to ask for private mail (vs. personal message or similar in
the forum)?

DragonSteve
2009-10-09, 04:52
I should have add my compliant earlier in this thread ...

Suddenly (after no network change) my Duet is working fine again , using 7.4.

My advise ... a few times factory reset... and then leave the duet for half a day... use it again .. and viola ;-)

Or was their a design issue at mysqueezebox.com that is solved ;-)

Anyhow , besides of not being able to add internet radio favorites it works fine now!

beatfreax
2009-10-10, 16:27
I really should've read this thread earlier... before spending hours on trying to get my SBD to work again!

1 in a trillion times the remote does seem to get a connection with the SB, but not with my (linux) media server.

Does anyone know if there are certain conflicts between versions of the new software on the remote, SB and (in my case) media container?

I cannot believe Logitech brings out a bad tested version like this. The Duet was buggy already, though I LOVED it. Now I just have a € 230,- brick :-(

For the record:

SB: 7.4.0 (mysqueezebox.com)
media container 1 (Windows XP): 7.4.0
media container 2 (Ubuntu): 7.3

beatfreax
2009-10-11, 00:51
I really should've read this thread earlier... before spending hours on trying to get my SBD to work again!

1 in a trillion times the remote does seem to get a connection with the SB, but not with my (linux) media server.

Does anyone know if there are certain conflicts between versions of the new software on the remote, SB and (in my case) media container?

I cannot believe Logitech brings out a bad tested version like this. The Duet was buggy already, though I LOVED it. Now I just have a 230,- brick :-(

For the record:

SB: 7.4.0 (mysqueezebox.com)
media container 1 (Windows XP): 7.4.0
media container 2 (Ubuntu): 7.3

WOW!! I don't know for how long, but after updating my container 2 (Ubuntu) to version 7.4.0 too, and factory resetting 2 times everything seems to work now!

rifleman
2009-10-11, 01:00
For everyone who, like me, has spent hours and hours with clean re-installs and forced resets to factory settings, trying to get their Duet to work after the 7.4 upgrade, here is what finally worked for me:

On the controller, I found Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Software Upgrade. It said my firmware did not need upgrading but I did it anyway.

Also, I had been repeatedly getting the message "Cannot connect to HP". HP is the name of my music library. On my computer, I opened the Squeezebox Server control panel by double-clicking the icon in my main taskbar. Under the "Library" tab, I found that my music library name had been erased by the upgrade. I simply typed it back in.

Hey presto, we're up and running at last. And yes, I like the GUI too, now that it's working!

Hope this helps some of you. I know how frustrating it is.
Rifleman

Simon_loves_music
2009-10-12, 08:48
I too have been having numerous problems with v7.4 - very frustrating, annoying, & dissapointing.

Was quite happy with 7.3, seemed to work fine, no connection problems at all, but 7.4 I have spent hours messing out, factory resets, reconfiguring to use bridge mode, reading forums etc

But nothing works reliably, sometimes I think I have something working for a day, then next day, controller is not connecting once again.

So, moaning over, clearly v7.4 is fundamentally broken, judging by all the commments here.

Can anyone post a link to v7.3, so I can download and downgrade.Many thanks!

Siduhe
2009-10-12, 09:19
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeCenter_v7.3.3/
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeCenter_v7.3.4/