View Full Version : Duet Digital Out Not Working - Advice Needed
Help, I can't get the TOSLINK or the SPDIF digital out to work on my duet. The analog outs work and but not the digital out. I can see the laser light through the TOSLINK. So I am assuming it works. I can get my DACMAGIC to work with my CD player, so the problem resides in the duet. What to do? IS there a setting to get the digital outs to work or is my duet broken?
1. I this the new dacmagic ? that can accept an 24bit output ? not the old one from the 90's Cambridge did one way back then too .
2. Do you try at the same input with both duet and CD player on the dac ?
3. Try to disconnect the CD and connect only the duet.
4. Do you have another "dac" maybe a HT reciever of some kind, try a digital input there ?
5. just to be sure try to increase the volume to 100%
and in squeezecenter go to settings > player > audio
set "volume control" > Output "level is fixed at 100%"
set "Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain" > "No volume adjustment"
Disable crossfade, try if the "Turn Off Audio" setting does something.
Purpose with this exercise the volume works the digital out to, this usually works but one never knows if one can confuse the dacmagic in some way ?
Then you have done what is humanly possible to try, then i would talk to the seller or Logitech support about a warranty exchange of some kind.
s***t happens it could be broken.
Its a new Dacmagic. Already tried all the things recommended. Looks like its time to change it for one that isn't broken.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.