PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop?

ajkidle
2009-03-12, 18:38
I've got 3 squeezeboxes so it seems weird to be asking a "beginners" question, but here it goes...

How do I stop the Squeezebox? Not pause, I know how to do that, but I want to stop the player. Which to me means the playlist is empty. There must be an easy way to do this but I can't find it. If I'm listening to a Pandora station for example, the only way I know of to do this is to select an album from my library, play all, then go select "clear playlist" on the controller from the Now Playing track list. This strikes me as silly. Am I suppose to just leave it in a paused state all the time? Or cycle through each player and turn them off one at a time?

If it matters, I'm running a Duet, an extra SBR, and a Boom.

Thanks,
Andy

JeffHart
2009-03-12, 18:57
I've got 3 squeezeboxes so it seems weird to be asking a "beginners" question, but here it goes...

How do I stop the Squeezebox? Not pause, I know how to do that, but I want to stop the player. Which to me means the playlist is empty. There must be an easy way to do this but I can't find it. If I'm listening to a Pandora station for example, the only way I know of to do this is to select an album from my library, play all, then go select "clear playlist" on the controller from the Now Playing track list. This strikes me as silly. Am I suppose to just leave it in a paused state all the time? Or cycle through each player and turn them off one at a time?

Thanks,
Andy

AFAIK and from the manuals, the design concept was to just leave it in pause; there aren't any moving parts so there is no real difference between stop and pause.

Cheers,
Jeff

aubuti
2009-03-12, 18:57

Thanks,
Andy
To "stop" a SB you press pause and hold it for a few seconds. That won't clear the playlist, but it will stop the player in a manner analogous to stopping a CD player, ie, if you press play it will start from the beginning, not from where you paused it. To continue the analogy, stop on a CD player doesn't eject the CD.

Clearing the playlist is different from stopping playback (which is different from pausing playback). To clear the playlist on the SBC and SBRs, you use the Clear Playlist option, just as you have been doing.

You can do it the same way for the Boom via the SBC, or you can go to Now Playing, then left to the top of the Home menu, then press the "+" key, which will clear the playlist (and the Boom screen should say so). You can do this via the Boom IR remote or via the Boom front panel controls. That's also how it works (via IR remote) on the earlier SBs (SB / SB2 / SB3 / Classic).

If you don't like turning players off (which is different from stopping or clearing the playlists) individually, you can use the settings for sync'ing the power states of the SBs. But I'm pretty sure that only works if you're sync'ing playback as well, which you didn't mention.

ajkidle
2009-03-12, 19:04
If you don't like turning players off (which is different from stopping or clearing the playlists) individually, you can use the settings for sync'ing the power states of the SBs. But I'm pretty sure that only works if you're sync'ing playback as well, which you didn't mention.

Awesome. And thank you, much appreciated.

The players are all sync'd for playback, how do I sync power states too?

Dogberry2
2009-03-12, 20:59
In the Web UI, Player tab, Synchronize (dropdown) there are settings for synchronizing volume and power.