PDA

View Full Version : Setting up multiple libraries

censor
2008-12-25, 15:38
k, so I have read some other posts on this, but I want to make sure I don't mess this up :-)

I currently have one library, containing music, audiobooks and kids music.

I would love to have those three categories split apart (the audiobooks wreak havoc because of the authors popping up as artists, the sheer number of files etc, the kids music needs to be very easy to locate - but the audiobooks is really the big pain here).

Should I install multilibrary, or just delete author from the ID3 tags of my audiobooks?

I guess the latter, since just the titles mess things up to my mind.

So... I have downloaded MultiLibrary and CustomBrowsw, but exactly what sort of libraries should I set up in order to simply split these categories apart by folder location? (I have a folder called music, then "pop", "book" and "kids".

I don't need any extra menus or stuff, just looking for the split here...

erland
2008-12-25, 20:03
I currently have one library, containing music, audiobooks and kids music.

I would love to have those three categories split apart (the audiobooks wreak havoc because of the authors popping up as artists, the sheer number of files etc, the kids music needs to be very easy to locate - but the audiobooks is really the big pain here).

Should I install multilibrary, or just delete author from the ID3 tags of my audiobooks?

I guess the latter, since just the titles mess things up to my mind.

It depends what you like to do, if you just want to get rid of the authors it might be easiest to re-tag them. However, don't do this if you feel that it would be useful to be able to browse audio books by authors.

So... I have downloaded MultiLibrary and CustomBrowsw, but exactly what sort of libraries should I set up in order to simply split these categories apart by folder location? (I have a folder called music, then "pop", "book" and "kids".

I don't need any extra menus or stuff, just looking for the split here...
Just create three libraries of the type "Standard library" and specify the full path to each library folder in the "Included Directory 1" parameter of each library.

censor
2008-12-26, 00:43
Erlend, thanks for your quick reply.
Will put this to the test after the kids have fallen asleep tonight...!

censor
2008-12-26, 04:33
Well, I got lucky and while one was sleeping the other was playing duplo...

Gave dad plenty of time to install and setup (took all of 1,5 minutes), and I got my directories as separate, fully browseable folders in the menu.

Tnx, this should do the trick!

Censor