PDA

View Full Version : Controller wheel (slightly) resists at one point

simbo
2008-08-07, 05:45
Not sure if anybody else has this issue. The wheel on my controller, which generally works well and smoothly rotates, has one particular point in its rotation where it ever-so-slightly resists. Not enough to stop it rotating (unless you're very light in using it) but enough to notice its there.

Is it spoiling my enjoyment of the product? Nah. But it something that occasionally niggles me.

Anybody else got this?

cliveb
2008-08-07, 07:44
Not sure if anybody else has this issue. The wheel on my controller, which generally works well and smoothly rotates, has one particular point in its rotation where it ever-so-slightly resists. Not enough to stop it rotating (unless you're very light in using it) but enough to notice its there.

Is it spoiling my enjoyment of the product? Nah. But it something that occasionally niggles me.

Anybody else got this?
I reported something like this on the second beta test Controller I received (which AFAIK was basically from the first batch of "production" units). My take on it is that it feels like a small pimple left over from the molding process that's catching on something - perhaps the gap between two of the surrounding buttons? I agree that it slightly spoils the feel of the device - that wheel really ought to be completely smooth, especially considering it's a $300 device.