PDA

View Full Version : Menu Display

mlc99
2008-07-01, 05:50
Sorry if this is a repeat...I did a quick search of the threads and did not find what I was looking for. Two questions for a squeezebox with 7.0.1 installed:

1) When paging through the menus on the squeezebox (Music directory, artist, "Specific artist", song title and then pressing play. The system no longer stores the directory path when you "wake up" the squeezebox again. In other words after a song has been playing for greater than 30 seconds and I want now play the next alphabetical artist I have to again go through the sequence [Music directory, artist, "Specific artist"]. The older version used to store the directory path so when you “woke” the squeezebox up, if you pressed the back arrow followed by the down or up arrow you would go to the next artist. Can I change this back in 7.0.1?

2) When searching through the genres, the system seems to store by artist. Can I change this to album? I would like to display only the album with a particular genre rather than by an artist. When you have an album with many artists all in a particular genre, it makes searching by genre very hard to do.

radish
2008-07-01, 06:25
1) When paging through the menus on the squeezebox (Music directory, artist, "Specific artist", song title and then pressing play. The system no longer stores the directory path when you "wake up" the squeezebox again. In other words after a song has been playing for greater than 30 seconds and I want now play the next alphabetical artist I have to again go through the sequence [Music directory, artist, "Specific artist"]. The older version used to store the directory path so when you “woke” the squeezebox up, if you pressed the back arrow followed by the down or up arrow you would go to the next artist. Can I change this back in 7.0.1?

Make sure your Playing screensaver is set to "Now Playing (Jump back on wake)".

2) When searching through the genres, the system seems to store by artist. Can I change this to album? I would like to display only the album with a particular genre rather than by an artist. When you have an album with many artists all in a particular genre, it makes searching by genre very hard to do.

I'm going from memory here, but isn't there an All entry on that sub menu which lists the albums?

mlc99
2008-07-01, 08:03
[QUOTE=radish;316273]Make sure your Playing screensaver is set to "Now Playing (Jump back on wake)".

It is set to this setting. With this setting if you hit the back arrow you return to the root menu. I would like to instead move one directory structure back from my current location

Example: "Music library, Artist, Tom Petty, Greatest Hits" TO "Music library, Artist, Tom Petty")

radish
2008-07-01, 08:28
With this setting if you hit the back arrow you return to the root menu.

That's what the regular NP is supposed to do. NP (Jump back on wake) should go back to where you were when the saver kicked in (which I believe is what you're asking for). If it's not doing that, it sounds like a bug (but I'm kinda surprised no-one's picked up on it previously).