PDA

View Full Version : my music

darkhawk
2008-06-04, 11:16
can my Squeezebox3 access my music from my computor without my computor being on, this is all new to me so please excuse me being thick, have been retired now for 2 years and have just found out about all this stuff,my Squeezebox3 is great I just want to hear my music as well ,Darkhawk

Phil Leigh
2008-06-04, 11:38
can my Squeezebox3 access my music from my computor without my computor being on, this is all new to me so please excuse me being thick, have been retired now for 2 years and have just found out about all this stuff,my Squeezebox3 is great I just want to hear my music as well ,Darkhawk

No - the computer that is attached to the disk with your music on it has to be on while you are listening...
Happy Listening.
Phil

iPhone
2008-06-04, 13:27

The answer is NO. But there is a means to put your music elsewhere and access it via the Internet.

When ones PC/Server is off, one can only use Internet sources with the SB3. I don't have a Music Locker account, but it is my understanding that one stores ones music with them so that one can access it over the Internet without having ones PC on. This is a pay service so it will cost money to have ones PC off and still have access to ones home music library over an Internet connection.