PDA

View Full Version : HomePlug woes...

kidstypike
2008-04-22, 05:36
I've been using a Duet in my main audio room alongside an SB3, with splendid results, I wish to move the SBR to the dining-room. The wifi signal there is poor, and results in the SBR being unusable. I've purchased a couple of Devolo HomePlugs, and set them up as per instructions. In the dining-room I've plugged the SBR into a HomePlug, using Ethernet cable, problem is, it's exactly the same as using wifi .... unusable! The SBR is probably not using the wired connection, but picking up the poor wifi signal.

Question, how do I get the SBR to use the ethernet connection, as opposed to wifi, is there something I need to do, something I've missed?

Need help real bad!

Many thanks
kidstypike

-----------------------

Windows XP SP2
SqueezeCenter 7.0.1

bpa
2008-04-22, 05:50
Is the firmware in the Devolo up to date ?

kidstypike
2008-04-22, 06:14
Is the firmware in the Devolo up to date ?

You're taking me into uncharted waters here! How would I check that out?

Thanks
kidstypike

radish
2008-04-22, 06:19
Question, how do I get the SBR to use the ethernet connection, as opposed to wifi, is there something I need to do, something I've missed?

Press and hold the button on the SBR until it flashes fast - this is a factory reset. Now go back through setup (with the ethernet connected) and you should get an option to connect to ethernet instead of wireless.

bpa
2008-04-22, 06:32
You're taking me into uncharted waters here! How would I check that out?

Like any computing device - goto to the product website - for the HS product
http://www.devolo.com/co_EN_cs/produkte/dlan/dn-9-mldlanhsstarterkit.html

Although the last firmware release is out about 2yrs - some stock in shops have old firmware.

kidstypike
2008-04-22, 06:56
Like any computing device - goto to the product website - for the HS product
http://www.devolo.com/co_EN_cs/produkte/dlan/dn-9-mldlanhsstarterkit.html

Although the last firmware release is out about 2yrs - some stock in shops have old firmware.

OK, done that, thanks. The installer told me that I already have the latest firmware.

New problem, I tried the reset, as suggested by radish, now I have a slow blinking red LED, (with or without the ethernet connected), and nothing on the controller that I can see to alter this.

Can you get me back to where I was originally, i.e. connected to wifi?

Many thanks
kidstypike

Edit, OK I rebooted the controller, am now back to where I was. Thanks.

kidstypike
2008-04-22, 07:09
Press and hold the button on the SBR until it flashes fast - this is a factory reset. Now go back through setup (with the ethernet connected) and you should get an option to connect to ethernet instead of wireless.

Thanks radish, I succeeded on the second attempt!
Many thanks to all.

kidstypike.