PDA

View Full Version : Wireless troubleshooting

boardtc
2008-03-16, 03:47
I've been setting up my squeezebox in a new house - worked fine in my last house for a number of years.

Our new isp supplied a wireless router (Netgear WGR614 v7). Initially we've had pc wireless connectivity problem, but updating the routers firmware seems to have solved that and it's been solid the last few days.

I connected the squeezebox wired no problem and updated the firmware. Problems with a wireless connection: I disabled wpa, made sure pcs were connected, the squeezebox sees the ssid but timeouts connecting. I've run out of ideas of what to try...any thoughts?

Thanks, Tom.

th00ht
2008-03-16, 10:26
..ehrm who is Tom?. If you're sure you have not changed anything it might be a neighbouring access point thwarting your carefully crafted setup. I had a similar problem in my building where I can "see" at least four other wireless networks which are not mine. A W-net might have been working for months but a new tenant or new equipement at your neighbour's is confusing your setup.

Make sure that you have setup your wireless network physically even as it has been working fine for some time. If you have not changed the setup it is very likely that another external source influences the performance of you Wlan