PDA

View Full Version : Changing drives

coops
2008-01-12, 10:15
I am sure this has been covered somewhere. I have been usung SS with an external Lacie drive. After adding a few internal drives to my pc, the Lacie was assigned another drove letter. So I went into the settings and typed in N:// ( guessing here) and re-scanned the drive. I can play music, but it will not recognize new music, even though I know for sure it's on the drive. So what am I missing?

Cheers

alZmtbr
2008-01-12, 10:52
go the other way - '\' vice '//'. Try that.

ie "N:\{Music Folder}"

coops
2008-01-12, 10:53
I think I made a mistake naming the drive. How is this written? New tracks are displayed via windows explore, but not on the slimserver e, only the tracks I already had on there prior
to changing the drive letter.

funkstar
2008-01-12, 11:00
Have you done a complete "clear library and rescan everything"?

coops
2008-01-12, 11:44
Under windows explore, the drive is designated as drive N.

So in the server settings in SS, I type in N:\\ in the music folder and playlist folder, and then clear librar and re-scan.
Takes about 15 mins. All tracks show up except the ones I added since I added the internal hd's and the drive letters were changed by windows.

funkstar
2008-01-12, 12:28
That should really be "n:\" note the single '\'

That might sort it out, but i would have thought if that was the problem, you would get some other error rather than just not picking up new music.

Go to Server Settings -> Debugging -> Check d_scan

Then do another scan. This should then log any problems with the new files.

Could there be a permisions problem with them?

coops
2008-01-12, 13:01
Thanks for your time. I am re-scanning now and it's taking much longer. I noticed the last scan did not include the Q's, or the R's. The new folder in under the B's and was not noticed, so we will see.
Will let you know. Thanks again

coops
2008-01-12, 13:20
Well still nothing new showing up. I am considering moving the 60 gbs onto an internal drive but I may have to same problem.
Don't know what to do.
The new music was copied into a folder called backing tracks, which is just that, backing tracks for me to play guitar along to. They were not copied from a cd. Should that make a difference?

funkstar
2008-01-12, 14:14
What kind of files are they? Do thay have any tags in them to identify them?

Where they come from wouldn't make a difference, but the format of those files might.

Did you turn on scan debugging like i suggested?

alZmtbr
2008-01-13, 15:27
You mean they might be MIDI files? I don't think SlimServer can transcode them??? Off-hand I don't remember ever seeing anything about MIDI files?

Your best bet is to set the debug and see what results during a scan. Paste the debug log back here in a new post.

Saw this also - a software player for MIDI -
http://www.vanbasco.com/

Good luck!
~allan